5-digit number bypasses password

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Rojo Habe
New here

5-digit number bypasses password

Post by Rojo Habe »

Aplogies if this has been posted elsewhere. I did do a search and nothing came up:

When I log into my NAS (TS-451), my web browser auto-fills the password field with a 5-digit number. I can disable autofill in the browser, that's not the issue. What concerns me is that this number gets me straight into the admin account without the need for my password at all. Any idea where it's come from? I've changed the admin password but this 5-digit number just breezes straight in regardless. Is it some sort of PIN set up on the NAS somewhere, and is there any way of disabling it?

Or is it some sort of handshaking for trusted clients, in which case should I just not worry about it?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: 5-digit number bypasses password

Post by dolbyman »

I think the 5 digits of ● are just a placeholder(for the actual password parsed in that field), no matter the length of your password
Rojo Habe
New here

Post by Rojo Habe »

That's what I used to think until I captured it using LastPass. It's a 5-digit number, no letters or other characters, and definitely not the password I set up. Still gets me in though :( (as does my actual password).

EDIT

I've just done some further experimenting, and thankfully it only seems to work locally. It doesn't let me in over myqnapcloud unless I use the actual password.
ChrisJ7903
Starting out

Post by ChrisJ7903 »

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue on my new TS-251+, the most concerning part is I can capture the 5 digit number and (sometimes) it acually let's me log in with that 5 digit number (but not always). This is a serious concern ... not sure if it's a QNAP or LastPass issue?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Miscellaneous”