can"t access ts-932X

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: can"t access ts-932X

Post by dolbyman »

admin/admin hasn't been the default for a while

it's admin/firstmac
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... -qts-4-4-2
BalooDottie
Starting out

Post by BalooDottie »

Gotya!
Managed to get in. Indicated the raid 5 array is in read only mode. Did a rays recovery which went real quick. Now it’s showing two disks (1 and4 out of 5) with disk SMART warnings. I’m running a bad security check on both disks.
Let’s hope it doesn’t kick out disk 3 again (my original original problem before the access problem).

At the time I replaced disk 3, which was immediately kicked out after the raid recovery completed. Soo I don’t know for sure if that disk was properly recovered or not. I do still have the original disk 3 in case the raid was not properly restored.

I have two more spare disks in case I need to Two spare disks 1 and 4.
BalooDottie
Starting out

Post by BalooDottie »

Alright, I managed to get the unit to start up normality with the disks inside after the above suggestions.

Now I have the following problem:
Before the access problem I replaced disk 3 out of 5 that are in raid 5 configuration.
It started a rebuild that took forever. I’m not sure that completed at the time. I think it did, and that’s when the access problems started.
I assumed the raid was fully recovered.

Disks 1 and 4 indicated bad blocks, soo I want to replace them. I replaced disk 1, but the lady of the NAS voice did not inform me that a rebuild was being started. I also did not see a notification pop up to rebuild the raid.
Soo I just returned the old bad disk in the slot.
Now I see that disk 1 and disk 3 indicate a purple dot (inside storage & snapshots>disks). All other disks show a blue dot. Disks 1 and 3 (purple dot) indicate „free“ for „used type“. Does this mean that my data is now destroyed? Disk 1 is the original disc with all the data, surely the NAS is intelligent enough to recognise it as the original data disk?

I still have the original disk 3, with the original data. Should I try put that back?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

At this point, it's safe to say a ticket with qnap is your best option here...

Return to “Miscellaneous”