QVPN, OpenVPN UDP, and PureVPN issues

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
NewUser1212
New here

QVPN, OpenVPN UDP, and PureVPN issues

Post by NewUser1212 »

I'm running QVPN Version 3.0.770 Build 20220304 and trying to add different OpenVPN connection profiles from the PureVPN service.

However, every profile I seem to add will connect but not show a "Green" status. No matter which .ovpn profile I load, none of them turn green. See screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/yLnHzKb.png.

Is this a problem with QNAP network config settings, with OpenVPN, with QVPN, or with my router? I have no idea how to troubleshoot this and need help.
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVPN, OpenVPN UDP, and PureVPN issues

Post by spile »

My recommendation would be to open a call with Qnap support.
diezone
New here

Post by diezone »

I've the same pb with my VPN KEEP SOLID
my old vpn servers are not work but ok with new openvpn file
diezone
New here

Post by diezone »

it's ok now

- Desinstalle and reinstall QVPN3
gandalf67
Starting out

Post by gandalf67 »

Hello,

I have the very same issue, however app center only proposes QVPN 2.4.737, no version 3 here, quite strange. I have a TS-431P running QTS 5.0.0.2055.
ntavares
First post

Post by ntavares »

Similar issue here.

I'm trying to config a l2tp vpn client connection on qvpn Version 2.4.737, and it doens't connect. I have an ts-130.
Ichijoe
Starting out

Post by Ichijoe »

I think you might need to try, and restart the NAS in order to get the VPN going. It also depend on how you have your QWA-AC2600 setup. Like maing sure that the WI-Fi is set to use the 2end LAN Port on the NAS.
The only times where I have this proble is a) When I loose the VDSL signal from my ISP, or my Router/MODEM ran an update, and so also broke the connection. but, like I said a quick reboot manages to fix it 99.9% of the time.

Also in the case of the QWA-AC2600 I'm unsure if you can have both the 2.4Ghz going as the AP on one end, and the 5Ghz as Wi-Fi on the other. Give its supposed to be 2 chips in the thing, you'd imaging that they should be able to work independently. But, it seems like they don't as turning on the Wi-Wi breaks both the AP, and Wi-Fi connections. At least on my TS-453D, anyway.
gandalf67
Starting out

Post by gandalf67 »

Ichijoe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 pm I think you might need to try, and restart the NAS in order to get the VPN going. It also depend on how you have your QWA-AC2600 setup. Like maing sure that the WI-Fi is set to use the 2end LAN Port on the NAS.
The only times where I have this proble is a) When I loose the VDSL signal from my ISP, or my Router/MODEM ran an update, and so also broke the connection. but, like I said a quick reboot manages to fix it 99.9% of the time.

Also in the case of the QWA-AC2600 I'm unsure if you can have both the 2.4Ghz going as the AP on one end, and the 5Ghz as Wi-Fi on the other. Give its supposed to be 2 chips in the thing, you'd imaging that they should be able to work independently. But, it seems like they don't as turning on the Wi-Wi breaks both the AP, and Wi-Fi connections. At least on my TS-453D, anyway.
We're not talking about wifi here..
Ichijoe
Starting out

Post by Ichijoe »

Nether was I (as direct as that), But, if your using VPN on a QNAP NAS, then it stands to reason that you are using a QWA-AC2600, or compatiible Card to do so. As I'm unaware of any other way to do so. But, if you know of any do let us know. I'd be happy to sell my QVA on, as I got it cheep as beer, and see idiots floging the on Fleebay for upwards of 400$(USD). Needess to say QVPN is a product which interests me greatly as well.
gandalf67
Starting out

Post by gandalf67 »

I installed an update of the QVPN service to 2.4.746 this morning. Rebooted the NAS, but to start with, I had to connect to the VPN endpoint manually although it should have been automatic... We'll see if the main issue is solved in the next days...

Return to “Miscellaneous”