API - uploaded files corrupt

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
vanryckeghemp
Starting out

API - uploaded files corrupt

Post by vanryckeghemp »

Hi,

when I upload files through de FileStation Web API, the files are uploaded however it seems that the characters "0d0a" are added as binary characters in front of the file. With pdf-files it seems it doesn't matter and the files can be opened, however with office-documents (excel & word), the files become corrupted and can't be opened. Any one have any similar isues or solution for this?
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: API - uploaded files corrupt

Post by FSC830 »

Hi,
tried to check this out, but I am failing at easiest commands.
Seems, that QTS 5.0.0.1932 has a API version 5.5.5!?
See output from all commands (no matter which command was run)
But I can only find a manual for API 4.1 and it seems, that some commands/return values are different now.
Did you find a more recent API guide?
api_01.png
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vanryckeghemp
Starting out

Post by vanryckeghemp »

Hi FSC830,

that's also the only manual I've found. The NAS I'm working on has QTS 4.3.3.1864, which is the last one for the TS-212P. I find it hard to find any (good) documentation to use the API. So it's a lot of trial and error. If any one has some idea where more information on the API can be found, that would be helpfull.
PzoBima
New here

Post by PzoBima »

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to upload file? I have been using the Http call from webAPI as described in their pdf file but the file didn't get uploaded for some reason. I am trying to upload a txt file though.
for example, in the code, if i write ".....&progress=-Public-textfile.txt" , will a new textfile called "textfile.txt" without anything written be uploaded?
I alwasy receive {"version": "5.0.2", "build":"20210624", "status":0, "success":"true"} as a result.

Return to “Miscellaneous”