TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
amsterd@mned
Starting out

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by amsterd@mned »

Preditor wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:56 pm
amsterd@mned wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:27 am Interesting if true, where did you hear this? I'm still deciding whether its worth spending $1000 on shipping and repairs for a unit thats 6 months out of warranty.
It is indeed true. Got off the phone with QNAP support for a second time. The second rep said the warranty has been extended to all models for up to one year. Seems to be official (if not public or well communicated).
Well lets re-open that ticket and ask the question.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

amsterd@mned wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:04 pm These poor experiences (plus Deadbolt)...
Non-technical home and SOHO users are excused for not understanding and mitigating the risks but you have professional storage administrators and were affected by Deadbolt??!
My guess is that the warranty extension is limited to all models in the TVS-X72 line and not all Qnap models but it's worth trying.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
amsterd@mned
Starting out

Post by amsterd@mned »

P3R wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:34 pm
amsterd@mned wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:04 pm These poor experiences (plus Deadbolt)...
Non-technical home and SOHO users are excused for not understanding and mitigating the risks but you have professional storage administrators and were affected by Deadbolt??!
My guess is that the warranty extension is limited to all models in the TVS-X72 line and not all Qnap models but it's worth trying.
I didn't say we were affected by Deadbolt (we weren't because we took precautions) but the constant parade of new vulnerabilities is disappointing.
drewy
Starting out

Post by drewy »

Add my 872n to the list. Just over 2 years old.
Dead after a power off. Red light on board.
Not happy.
plahh
First post

Post by plahh »

opensourcefan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:52 pm Spreadsheet Updated [..]
Please add a TVS-1672XU-RP to the list.

Failed July 1st with the redlight of death after shutting down the device to be moved to a new power outlet.
Date of purchase August 2021. RMA is initiated.

Thanks for keeping track of this issue.
drewy
Starting out

Post by drewy »

drewy wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:07 am Add my 872n to the list. Just over 2 years old.
Dead after a power off. Red light on board.
Not happy.
Qnap are repairing\replacing. RMA issued, posting it back to them in the morning. UK.
richardche
First post

Post by richardche »

My 872xt just died. The same motherboard issue. Since my machine is one month over the warranty, I attached the link to this post to my ticket and asked for repair or extension of warranty, the rep refused me. I just reopened a ticket, and pray that either the second time is a charm or the English reps have more power than the Mandarin reps.
opensourcefan
Getting the hang of things

Post by opensourcefan »

Qnap TVS-X72xt Motherboard Failures Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Location Update Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
kadabr
First post

Post by kadabr »

My TVS-672N died just like all of the others on this list - it won't turn on and the red light on the motherboard is on. I replaced the power supply, but that didn't work. I created a ticket at QNAP - see what they do.
I found a video where a guy replaced a large BGA chip on the board that fixed the problem, but too complicated to replace for most people. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_slElABWI
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

kadabr wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:37 am I found a video where a guy replaced a large BGA chip on the board that fixed the problem, but too complicated to replace for most people. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_slElABWI
Already posted here: viewtopic.php?p=820148#p820148 ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
charlesl
New here

Post by charlesl »

My TVS-672n was sent to Hong Kong dealer on 16-Jun and just received a call from dealer that the repaired unit could be picked up tomorrow.
doodlewalker
Starting out

Post by doodlewalker »

We had two TVS-472XT's die same as others on list, one purchase Dec 2019 and died last week so 2.5 years and another purchased Jan 2020 and died about 7 months ago so just under 2 years old. Both we're replaced by the UK service centre with new units. However both of the original units were Pentium Gold CPU's and the replacements are i3's so that's a nice little upgrade to ease the pain. It's a bad situation and they should be more proactive but they have been pretty responsive when the issue arose.
Last edited by doodlewalker on Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

A Dec 2020 device is only 1 1/2 years old (currently) not 2 1/2 (same goes for the other device)
doodlewalker
Starting out

Post by doodlewalker »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:25 pm A Dec 2022 device is only 1 1/2 years old (currently) not 2 1/2 (same goes for the other device)
Doh, yes sorry got the years wrong have corrected in the above posting but the age if the units is correct. One was within 2 year warranty and the other outside.
Iwanttoconnect
Starting out

Post by Iwanttoconnect »

Same issue: TVS-872XT
Just contacted support.

In the meantime, does anyone know if I can put my drives into a TS-873A and take off where I was?

My backup is a about a week behind

Return to “Miscellaneous”