Suddenly can't contact NAS TS 251+, waiting to hear from Servie

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Scouter
New here

Suddenly can't contact NAS TS 251+, waiting to hear from Servie

Post by Scouter »

Hi

I have a TS 251+. 8GB Ram, 2x2TB drives. It's not exposed to the internet.
3 months ago i replace the 2x2SODIMM with 2x4 from Crucial, per specs. See attachment. It's been running fine with the new memory since i put it in , in May.

i have it configured as RAID0. It's been running fine since day 1. I did get hit by Qlocker, which **, but other than that aok. Depending on what i have to do to fix this, it may be sayonara QNAP. i don't have time for being out of the water for so long, slow service, etc.

I noticed that the NAS sounded like it was perpetually on this week. All lights steady, LAN light blinking.
i could not contact it using IP or QNAP interfaces.
i followed the instructions to power off, remove the drives, attach a monitor to HDMI, and a keyboard to USB.
When i power back on the monitor has a black screen, with a 3D Escher-like cube structure, and it says "Starting..."
and that's where it stays.

i logged this into the service portal 3 days ago and have heard no follow up.
I suspect based on reading that some a firmware update got botched, via a power surge or something.
Any thoughts, while i wait to hear from Support?

thanks in advance,

Dwight from Vermont :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Suddenly can't contact NAS TS 251+, waiting to hear from Servie

Post by dolbyman »

Not much info to go on .. but these NAS are notorious for the LPC death
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=157459

Return to “Miscellaneous”