Notification Center

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Blins
New here

Notification Center

Post by Blins »

Hi Team, I've got a new NAS deployed TS-431XeU. When I go to the notification center there is a very limited list of applications available. My old NAS TS-453A in Global Notification Settings has all applications I need (for ex. Storage & Snapshot, Firmware, Hardware, etc.). However, new NAS has no applications related to the storage. It only has 4 - Helpdesk, HBS, License Center and QuLog Center. They are completely useless in terms of monitoring. I need storage to send notifications about space and warnings related. What happened with new QNAP hardware? How to get Notification Center functional again?
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: Notification Center

Post by dosborne »

Click the menu (hamburger stack) in the top left of the GUI. Right click on items that you want to add to your desktop.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
Blins
New here

Post by Blins »

I do not need to add them on the Desktop. I need them in the Notification Center.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Sorry, I misread your post.

No idea. Mine actually shows many things I never used or recall having installed or enabled so could actually be removed if there was a way :) I'm guessing that *maybe* it gets populated if there are log entries or events?
Blins
New here

Post by Blins »

Yeah, it's annoying to get Notification Center flat. The whole idea is to set up email notifications for events when they happen and react. But if there is no Storage & Snapshots available in the Notif Center how on earth I can do it? The idea of waiting until disaster happens is not the smartest one from QNAP, IMHO.
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

If nobody here can give you a better answer, raise a help ticket with QNAP. There is likely a way to do it.
Blins
New here

Post by Blins »

Ticket has being raised. Will inform when QNAP responds

Return to “Miscellaneous”