TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
briareos_kerensky
Starting out

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by briareos_kerensky »

An update to my ticket.
QNAP offered to extend the warranty a week ago, but it hasn't been approved yet. Haven't got a RMA number yet, don't know how long will it take. And for some reason my ticket was moved to the German division and every ticket I need to remind the support tech to reply in English rather than German.
gjhorn
Starting out

Post by gjhorn »

I have just encountered the same issue here with a TVS-872XT model. Looks like the power supply is dead. I'm getting another unit in from my supplier. Would I be able to just transfer the hard drives into the new unit without any issues?

Thanks.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If you encountered the "same issue" as discussed in this topic, it is NOT the power supply and the migration of HDDs to a compatible unit has been discussed many many times

https://www.qnap.com/en/nas-migration
opensourcefan
Getting the hang of things

Post by opensourcefan »

gjhorn wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:04 pm I have just encountered the same issue here with a TVS-872XT model. Looks like the power supply is dead. I'm getting another unit in from my supplier. Would I be able to just transfer the hard drives into the new unit without any issues?

Thanks.
Hello, to be added to the spreadsheet you will need to clarify whether this was a PS failure or a board failure when you know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Qnap TVS-X72xt Motherboard Failures Spreadsheet

Location Update Spreadsheet
monoeilouais
Starting out

Post by monoeilouais »

Hello
TVS 672XT can be added to the list as well.
I rebooted and it's dead. Motherboard version 1.0.

I opened a ticket, and I hope they will find a cool solution.
JacksBlk
First post

Post by JacksBlk »

Hi all

I am interested in buying a QNAP TVS-672X. Do you know if the motherboard problem is solved on the last version?

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I think board revision 1.6 and above were fixed, at least no long term failures had been reported yet (not out long enough?)
Qmann
Easy as a breeze

Post by Qmann »

I am happy to report that my V1.7 mobo has been up and running 190 days straight now without a reboot on 4.5.4.1892. The board seems good, and I've never had a release so stable, so I fear moving to QTS 5. lol

-Q
Model: TVS-872XT 64GB (Crucial 64GB Kit CT2K32G4SFD8266)
2 x 1TB XPG 1TB NVMe (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C) [RAID-1]
5 x 16TB EXOS [RAID-5]
Borg Backup running to an offisite pi, AND to the local TS-569L
Model: TS-569L Borg server for backups
6 x 8TB Ironwolf [RAID-5]
Qotom-Q355G4 Fanless Mini Micro PC running pSense in front of everything
haproxy for anything inside the LAN
briareos_kerensky
Starting out

Finally received a final answer from QNAP...and not one I'm particularly happy with: they won't repair the NAS (TVS-872XT, mobo 1.3) under warranty, either I send it in for repair at my expense or I get a 20% discount on a new NAS.
cayou2000
Starting out

Post by cayou2000 »

I think you shoul re open a ticket if your nas has less than three years as it is addmitted that the warranty has been increased by qnap on this serie. If more than 3 years you know what to do and which brand never buy again.
briareos_kerensky
Starting out

For those who sent in their TVS-872XT for repair, do they replace the motherboard with the newest version or they simply reflash/do something to the existing board?
cayou2000 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 pm I think you shoul re open a ticket if your nas has less than three years as it is addmitted that the warranty has been increased by qnap on this serie. If more than 3 years you know what to do and which brand never buy again.
The TVS is my eighth QNAP NAS, and the first to give me problems. All others were dismissed because I moved to a higher tier unit. I don't like how this situation has been managed (and I don't mean just my problem, but not alerting customers for this known defect) but I still wouldn't dismiss QNAP entirely.
Optimised
New here

Post by Optimised »

I agree that QNAP should be alerting all of their customers who rely on a TVS-x72XT's.
I am using the TVS-872XT for 2 years now without any problems. Touch wood.
How do you find out your motherboard version.
briareos_kerensky
Starting out

I think you can estimate that by looking at the serial number and compare it with the others in the spreadsheet. Or, if you want to temp fate, turn the NAS off and take a look at the mobo itself...
ricoba
New here

Post by ricoba »

ricoba wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm I just had my 872XT failed the 3rd time. I bought it in Nov 2019, had gone through two RMAs after 18 and 23 months respectively, which took over a month shipping back and forth to Taiwan. Now it's at 32 months and I've just logged a ticket. Frankly, whether they can repair it for me again for free or at some charge, I am totally disappointed with QNAP products. On the bright side, I've brought 2 large external harddisks in TR002 enclosure to regularly sync all files from the 872XT after my 2nd RMA. So now I can move to other brands next, without worrying about data recovery.
I've just received my unit from RMA, which they said the motherboard was replaced. It is of the same 1.3 hw version. I hope it will last longer this time.
Eduardocarvajal
First post

Post by Eduardocarvajal »

Hi guys! Same problem here in my TVS-472XT.

Is there a way for me to access files without a Qnap enclosure? I’m in a country without Qnap enclosures and need to work with files in my RAID 5 ASAP. Help, please :(

Return to “Miscellaneous”