can't connect but the QNAP works

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
rustislove
New here

can't connect but the QNAP works

Post by rustislove »

Hi,

I have to start by declaring that everything that Im going to describe here was perfectly operational and I was not making any changes on my PC neither on the QNAP NAS. Today I encountered issues and no answer from google helped.

So what happned:
I was copying files from my PC to QNAP using total commander and windows explorer by mapped drive - not working anymore, windows cannot find NAS.
I was able to connect to the QNAP using ip 192.168 .. on port 8080 since they are on the same LAN - not working anymore
QFInder PRO is not able to find my server, I cannot even ping its IP.
is the server dead? No! PLex server running on my NAS works. I can connect to the server via "hostname.myqnapcloud.com:8080/cgi-bin/" - and I can see everyting.
I even disabled temporarily the FW on my PC, without any luck.

I just dont understand what the hell has changes after the last QNAP FW update (this morning) that SAMBA, ping, QNAP Pro ceased to work.

my sonfig:
desktop PC running windows 10, latest update, wired connection to Huawei home router
same router is connected to my qnap server TS-251D with today's FW update.
When I changed the router like a month ago everything mentioned aboved was working. So I assume it is not the routers fault.

Any help?

I would rather not change anything I has not changed before. In other words I think that the error must come from latest FW update.

I think when the qfinder pro will see my nas again everything goes back to normal ... but how to do it?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: can't connect but the QNAP works

Post by dolbyman »

Please switch of WAN access to your QNAP asap or you will become the next victim of malware

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=164797

disable upnp and port forwards in your router
rustislove
New here

Post by rustislove »

disabled ... however, it doesnt solve my issues
moody_blue
Easy as a breeze

Post by moody_blue »

Maybe the NAS blacklisted the ip used by your pc. It often happens to me when using samba. The solution is to define a fixed ip to your pc, login the NAS to remove the blacklist, and return to dhcp afterwards.

If you need access to the NAS when not at home pls implement a VPN. As dolbyman warns, using unsecure accesses (such as qnap cloud) makes your NAS vulnerable to hacking.
QNAP TS-253A 8G QTS 5.0.1.2145
Plex Media Server 1.29.0.6209
OpenHAB 3.4.0.M2
Unifi 7.2.92
Apache80 2454.8230
GLPI 10.0.3
rustislove
New here

Post by rustislove »

moody_blue wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:06 am Maybe the NAS blacklisted the ip used by your pc. It often happens to me when using samba. The solution is to define a fixed ip to your pc, login the NAS to remove the blacklist, and return to dhcp afterwards.

If you need access to the NAS when not at home pls implement a VPN. As dolbyman warns, using unsecure accesses (such as qnap cloud) makes your NAS vulnerable to hacking.
pls, where can I set what you are pointing out?

actually I dont need to access my computer outside my LAN. But this is currently the only way to connect to it .... and maybe using HDMI monitor output and a mouse and keyboard .. but that would be really awkward aproach
rustislove
New here

Post by rustislove »

actually when I try to reach the NAS from my mobile phone conntected to the same network via wifi it has the same issue, so it seams that overal access via local IP is disabled .. I can't find where in settings I can change this.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

3 second reset should get rid of any blocks and access controls
rustislove
New here

Post by rustislove »

Hi everyone, it was a QUfirewall issue. Never changed anything in it and I was using it since the beginning. Some rule might change over the last FW upgrade.
I am not even sure but I disabled one rule and now it works.

one day I will lose all connection possibilities and my data will be lost
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

rustislove wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:28 pm ...
one day I will lose all connection possibilities and my data will be lost
Then you should hurry and thinking about any backup NOW!

Regards

Return to “Miscellaneous”