Soft Admin Reset (3-sec) Not Working, Nor SSH Method

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
rnadeau
New here

Soft Admin Reset (3-sec) Not Working, Nor SSH Method

Post by rnadeau »

First of all, sorry to rehash something you guys probably see normally - I see no solution, but I may have missed a thread. My queries might not contain the appropriate keywords.

Background - I've read every instruction in the following thread (now locked: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70768&start=165)

Model - TS-459
Firmware - 4.2.6

Background: My NAS has been offline for a while.
Recently plugged it in, tried to login to the user interface, no luck. I'm able to log in to SSH with admin/admin.
I used the SSH method to "rebuild" group/user files. Still, no luck. Not a browser or bitdefender issue, I've tried multiple physical and virtual machines.
I've tried both http and https and 8080.

Is it possible that back then, years ago - I created an IP-based ACL? Where can I see that. I believe I may have done this.

Any guidance is appreciated.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Soft Admin Reset (3-sec) Not Working, Nor SSH Method

Post by dolbyman »

Try Qfinder to update to

4.2.6 build 20221028
rnadeau
New here

Post by rnadeau »

I get login failed from QFinder
Login failed. There was no response from the server.
I am on the same subnet, and can ssh/ping it.

If I follow this process: https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/how-to/faq/a ... t-can-i-do
Will it require me to remember my configuration. Remember drive order is not a problem, but I don't know if I have to re-map volumes somehow or any configuration details.

Thanks for the help.

Edit:
Interestingly, I cannot SSH THROUGH the QNAP Qfinder Pro. I can however SSH from the command prompt or putty (same machine). It's almost as if this application has some connectivity problems, but it had zero issues with the discovery of the device.
Last edited by rnadeau on Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I guess you have no backups?
rnadeau
New here

Post by rnadeau »

I believe I have the majority of what's on here backed up, however I see some directories in /share/ (through SSH) that don't appear to be backed up. I wonder if it's possible for me to configure SMB or NFS via SSH? This would be sufficient for me, I could move files off of the NAS and just blow it all away.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

you can use ssh to backup your stuff (e.g. winscp)
rnadeau
New here

Post by rnadeau »

Yeah - I will try that as a last resort. It's just so bizarre that I'm unable to login via the UI but SSH is okay. There is an apparent disconnect between apache (or whatever is hosting this UI) and the identities expected.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

admin should have the same password no matter if ssh or web gui..no idea whats going on with your NAS

Return to “Miscellaneous”