Very Strange Hang, Coincidence?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Very Strange Hang, Coincidence?

Post by dolbyman »

That specific issue happened only at given day in the beginning of January...so whatever you are posting about..this aint the correct thread for it

QNAP does not come here..so complaints need to be done via ticket
Manfred73
Starting out

Post by Manfred73 »

2manycables wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 pm
roaima wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm I've just received a reply from QNAP pointing me toward the Malware Remover issue (https://www.qnap.com/en/support/con_show.php?cid=158).

Among other things I've suggested they might like to add creation/revision dates on their public knowledgebase documents so we can get an idea of how relevant they might be to a new situation
That QNAP support is pointing you to this with respect to this specific problem is interesting. I don't know what "We have updated our service policies to fix this issue." means, and as you note, there is no date on when that bulletin was issued. If you go to Malware Remover's changelog https://www.qnap.com/en/app_releasenote ... areRemover, there is no reference to any recent 'fixes' that seem applicable to this problem. I've disabled it after the hard power kill (press power button > 5 sec) reboot which resulted in one data-only file system needing to be checked (no data loss). So far no repeat issues, but its only been a few days. Have others left Malware Remover running (auto update checked or unchecked) and also encountered no further problems?
I came across this posting after experiencing overnight hangs at a regular basis (not exactly sure since when this started, but at least for 2 months or so). Last weekend I disabled Malware Remover completely, and since then I didn't have any hangs. Hopefully it stays like this, since I already had several corrupted databases after the hard power reset.
The link to the Malware Remover issue you mention says this was already fixed: "We have updated our service policies to fix this issue.", but it doesn't state when and in which version this was fixed. I did seem to have an updated Malware Remover, so apparently it was not fixed?
Manfred73
Starting out

Post by Manfred73 »

Manfred73 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:44 am
2manycables wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 pm
roaima wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm I've just received a reply from QNAP pointing me toward the Malware Remover issue (https://www.qnap.com/en/support/con_show.php?cid=158).

Among other things I've suggested they might like to add creation/revision dates on their public knowledgebase documents so we can get an idea of how relevant they might be to a new situation
That QNAP support is pointing you to this with respect to this specific problem is interesting. I don't know what "We have updated our service policies to fix this issue." means, and as you note, there is no date on when that bulletin was issued. If you go to Malware Remover's changelog https://www.qnap.com/en/app_releasenote ... areRemover, there is no reference to any recent 'fixes' that seem applicable to this problem. I've disabled it after the hard power kill (press power button > 5 sec) reboot which resulted in one data-only file system needing to be checked (no data loss). So far no repeat issues, but its only been a few days. Have others left Malware Remover running (auto update checked or unchecked) and also encountered no further problems?
I came across this posting after experiencing overnight hangs at a regular basis (not exactly sure since when this started, but at least for 2 months or so). Last weekend I disabled Malware Remover completely, and since then I didn't have any hangs. Hopefully it stays like this, since I already had several corrupted databases after the hard power reset.
The link to the Malware Remover issue you mention says this was already fixed: "We have updated our service policies to fix this issue.", but it doesn't state when and in which version this was fixed. I did seem to have an updated Malware Remover, so apparently it was not fixed?
I spoke too soon. Unfortunately the system is hanging again.
dcinca
New here

Post by dcinca »

Happened again, just noticed. Maybe it happened several days ago. Newest 5.0 firmware.
acivi
New here

Post by acivi »

I have same issue on new TS-431P3 (FW 5.0.0.1986), it brand new device, sometimes i just cant access web interface or its extremly slow when i wake up in morning and it takes several minutes to finally load, whats funny SMB shares work just fine sometimes but sometimes also not during problem.Once it just died while i was watching plex on my LG tv and then it just came back after 10mins of unresponsiveness and there is nothing in logs or any problem like nothing happend.(no network disconnects, shows few days uptime etc)
Qnap has 8gb ram and only 10% is used, CPU is doing nothing, no transcoding active or similar.
All drives (WD red plus 8tb) where tested with WD diagnostic prior to installing in NAS.
Whats even funnier my work collegue has same qnap purchased same time as me and has SAME issues!

Also we use several qnaps at customers(IT company) and i noticed few times unresponsive web interface or it takes ages to load, there are no backups or even single app runing(static volume just for backups).

ALL this started with 5.x firmware!
igorsup
New here

Post by igorsup »

This happened with my TS- 673A on framework 5.0.1.2234 build 20221201. I reboot my NAS several time (with 5 second press on power button and unplugging the power cable). But it doesn't help me. NAS can`t connect to the router or router can`t connect to the NAS (I don`t see NAS ip in router web interface). LED of hard drivers don’t blink. I don’t now what to do?

Return to “Miscellaneous”