Date modified for photos in the NAS

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
xkdlsxm2
Starting out

Date modified for photos in the NAS

Post by xkdlsxm2 »

Hello,

Recently, I exported all photos from Google photo and uploaded them to the NAS photo folder.
However, the date modified was set to the date I uploaded to the photo folder in NAS.
And it causes a sorting problem in Qumagie or Qphoto that all photos are sorted by the date modified, not the date taken.

Some photos have the date taken, but some don't.
What I want to do is that I don't wish to set the date modified to the exact data taken, but at least I want to set the date modified to the year taken.
Is there any way to do this?

It is so laggy when I open the photo folder in NAS due to the huge amount of photos. I am curious if this is a common situation if you have a lot of photos in the folder.
I wonder how you guys deal with this problem.

Thanks in advance.
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: Date modified for photos in the NAS

Post by dosborne »

xkdlsxm2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:44 am I wonder how you guys deal with this problem.
Simple for me, I don't use any of the apps that come with the NAS. Vendors include all sorts of things to check boxes for the marketing guys. Rarely are any of these particularly useful (across many devices and vendors) for anything other than very basic tasks.

Similar to using Notepad as your word processor or Paint as your graphics editor.

I'd look for a better program that perhaps reads and uses the metadata.

I use my NAS for storage and let other specialized vendors provide products in their field of expertise.

Just my opinion.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
xkdlsxm2
Starting out

Post by xkdlsxm2 »

Hello Dosborne,

Thank you for your answer.

What third-party app do you use to organize and manage a huge number of images in the NAS?
I use Irfranviewer, a very simple image viewer on my machine, but I think this is just for simple viewing images.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

https://www.darktable.org/ has been mentioned in many previous discussions, the NAS is only holding the data here

Return to “Miscellaneous”