TS-453D - Qnap not responding afterr some time / load

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Rattle
First post

TS-453D - Qnap not responding afterr some time / load

Post by Rattle »

Hi @all,

I have big problems with my TS-453D.

After some time my NAS gets hard stuck on login / connection.

I can not login to the webinterface, I can not login via ssh and I can not login via Console (display and keyboard connected).
If I reboot the nas I can connect to the system for a short time but after 1 or 2 hours I am not able to do anythin with the system.

I have saved all my data to another HDD (Single disk :? :? :? ) so I was doing a factory reset (via console)
Same issue after creating the second volume with 2 TB space.

Then I have found an info that I should configure it from scratch.
I removed all HDDs rebooted the box and started configuring the NAS (via console).

As first I only pluged in one HDD so the installation process could finish.
After this I was connecting to the webinterface, insterted the other 3 Disks and create the RAID5.

During the RAID mirroring process I create the first volume (system) <--- Worked absolutly fine
Then i thougt ok it would be nice to have a second volume to copy my data back.

After starting the process of creating a secon volume (this time on 1 TB) I got to the same issu and the acual stat.

I cant connect to the webinterface, QNAP Finder can not login, SSH is not working and console login is also not working.

After doing the second configuration / installation I was updating to the newest firmware in stable branch.

Do you have any ideas, tips, tricks what I can do / what is causing this problem?

Best regards
Rattle
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-453D - Qnap not responding afterr some time / load

Post by dolbyman »

Maybe one of the drives that you use is busted (you said it locked up when you inserted a certain drive)

Did you make sure that all internal drives were clean (all partitions gone)
aiex718
New here

Post by aiex718 »

Same here for my TS-451+
It happend after upgrade to 5.0.1.2248 build 20221215.
I'm trying downgrade to 5.0.0.2131 build 20220815.
dlyle
First post

Post by dlyle »

Experiencing the same thing on my TS-451D2.
QManager will connect, but when trying to send commands like Restart or Shutdown nothing happens.
Hoping someone has some ideas on how to solve this.

TS-451D2 Firmware 5.0.1.2248
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Best to open tickets then..hard to troubleshoot without more info
aiex718
New here

Post by aiex718 »

5.0.1.2277 build 20230112 is out now, anyone tried it?
jhonan
First post

Post by jhonan »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've solved it for a few weeks with restarts every 12 hours, but now it's happened again right at 12 hours. (Using a ts-451+)
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

jhonan wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:03 am Did you ever find a solution to this? I've solved it for a few weeks with restarts every 12 hours, but now it's happened again right at 12 hours. (Using a ts-451+)
As mentioned above, open a ticket with QNAP.

-
This-Game
New here

Post by This-Game »

MIne has been scrubbing the discs since last night and is barely responsive, no web, ssh hangs after password, shares extremely slow. Read a couple of weeks ago after it happened for the first time the Malware remover was the culprit, had a Malware-scanner update and firmware update not long after and hoped it would be fixed, well now. Might log a case, but for now, I'm going to hold the off-button and enjoy a 7 hour raid-check with at least a little more responsiveness.
dazz
First post

Post by dazz »

I have a similar problem for some time now. I think it started when I upgraded to firmware 5.0.
When I boot the nas all is fine until some random moment it becomes unresponsive. Sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few days.

I disable and uninstalled almost everything that could have an impact and I never see the memory rise over 50% or CPU having issues keeping up.
First I thought it was a network issue but I now have a monitor attached and even the prompt is unresponsive.

I'm now in the process of getting a backup of all the data and when this is done I think I'm going to reset back to firmware version 4.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

You should have a backup of your data at all times..not just when you plan to kill the NAS

And that you should open a ticket was mentioned a couple of times as well

Return to “Miscellaneous”