How to check and enable IPv6 Privacy extension?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
toratata
New here

How to check and enable IPv6 Privacy extension?

Post by toratata »

I can only see the fixed global scope IPv6 address for qsv0, which connect eth0 and eth1. I can tell the fixed IPv6 address is based on mac address(EUI-64).
A few days ago, I delete the Virtual Switch(qsv0) and I saw the temporary IPv6 address once. But it left with the fixed address again as I added the Virtual Switch back.
So the question is, how can I check if the IPv6 Privacy extension is enabled? how to get the temporary IPv6 address.
toratata
New here

Re: How to check and enable IPv6 Privacy extension?

Post by toratata »

Sorry, I forgot mention platform. TS-464C QTS 5.0.1.
TS-464C, TS-212P3.
ritters
Know my way around

Post by ritters »

If you are accessing your NAS from inside your LAN, I think PE is not needed. And if you want to access your NAS from outside a VPN on your router is highly recommended.
toratata
New here

Post by toratata »

ritters wrote:If you are accessing your NAS from inside your LAN, I think PE is not needed. And if you want to access your NAS from outside a VPN on your router is highly recommended.
I have transmission running on host mode, and I need IPV6 for it to get more peer established.

It’s posting my only IPv6 address to the tracker until I get new prefix from ISP.
TS-464C, TS-212P3.

Return to “Miscellaneous”