Cyberpower UPS - Random disconnects

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Magictorch1976
New here

Cyberpower UPS - Random disconnects

Post by Magictorch1976 »

Greetings!

Have a brand new TS-451+ and Cyberpower BR1000ELCD-UK BRICs Series, 1000VA/600W.

Perhaps once a week, the NAS shows the UPS as disconnected. There's been no power outages and the UPS is just ticking along.

Issue resolved by unplugging the USB cable, (supplied with the UPS) and plugging it back in again :roll:

Unit reports to NAS as operating normally with estimated runtime etc. displayed correctly, and correct model number idenitfied.

Any thoughts please? I've changed the USB cable, cycled the UPS and the NAS but issue remains.

Did a search on here and found similar behaviour with an APC unit, but not Cyberpower.

Grateful for input.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Cyberpower UPS - Random disconnects

Post by dolbyman »

I had a cyberpower UPS that would disconnect from a QNAP several times a day, nothing helped but getting a differet UPS (APC) , the same UPS is now connected via USB to a DELL server, rock solid
moody_blue
Easy as a breeze

Post by moody_blue »

QNAP TS-253A 8G QTS 5.0.1.2145
Plex Media Server 1.29.0.6209
OpenHAB 3.4.0.M2
Unifi 7.2.92
Apache80 2454.8230
GLPI 10.0.3
Magictorch1976
New here

Post by Magictorch1976 »

Hey @dolbyman and @moody_blue Thanks both for your responses. I must have missed that post!

I have an APC UPS on my aquarium, so gonna swap them over and see if that resolves the issue. Interesting in that other post about a USB hub solving the problem. If it still persists when I move the APC to the QNAP, I'll invest in a hub and see if that resolves it.

Appreciate your help.

Return to “Miscellaneous”