App Center UI not working

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dukryn
New here

App Center UI not working

Post by dukryn »

Hi!

I'm running into a persistent issue where the App Center UI does not appear when I click on the "App Center" in the QTS UI. More specifically, when I click on "App Center" the tab for it appears at the top of the web UI desktop, as expected, but the window for it, that actually shows and lets you manage the apps, does not. I believe this issue may be a symptom of deeper issues since my NAS also randomly disappears from my LAN every few days, requiring a reboot to bring to back online.

My NAS model is TS-251D with firmware version QTS 5.0.1.2376.

I believe that these troubles started after updating to a 5.0.1 build, though I don't recall specifically which one, since I've tried updating a few times since then.

Other symptoms that's I've observed include these warning notifications:

Code: Select all

Warning	2023-05-22	01:24:58	---	---	localhost	Network & Virtual Switch	Infrastructure	[Network & Virtual Switch] Default Gateway "Virtual Switch 3" disconnected.
Warning	2023-05-22	01:24:47	---	---	localhost	Network & Virtual Switch	Infrastructure	[Network & Virtual Switch] Failed to connect to the internet. System default gateway "Virtual Switch 3" and all adapters failed to connect to the internet after checking NCSI.

Code: Select all

Warning	2023-05-16	12:48:14	---	---	localhost	App Center	App Installation	[App Center] Unable to obtain the latest app update information online. Please check the network connection or try again later.
These make sense to appear if the NAS is dropping off the network, but I don't know how to diagnose what is causing these to happen.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions on things to try before I try rolling back to an older firmware version.

Thanks!
D.
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: App Center UI not working

Post by dosborne »

I'd rule out something extremely basic first (at least for the UI issue). Have you tried access from a different client and/or browser or at least clearing the cache?

Do you need the virtual switch? Does your router actually reboot or go offline at the times the NAS says the default gateway is unavailable? Is your internet connection stable and/or are you running through a VPN or other service with a timeout that could be impacting?
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
dukryn
New here

Post by dukryn »

Hi dosborne. Thanks for your response.

The UI issue occurs in both Firefox and Edge, so I think I can rule out browser shenanigans. It's also worth noting that all other QTS "applications" like File Station, Container Station, Control Panel, etc. all work as expected, so I think the issue is specific to App Center.

Speaking of Container Station, I believe that I set up the virtual switch as part of enabling some Docker containers, so I think it's required for that.

As for the connectivity issue, it appears to be isolated to the NAS itself. All other devices on the LAN function normally and the router and internet connection seem to be fine and stable. I am not using a VPN or anything like that - it's just my residential network, so nothing complicated.

When the NAS loses connectivity I don't believe it's actually crashing or fully hanging since the front indicator lights show some HDD activity, but I don't have an HDMI monitor handy so I can't directly diagnose it when it's in that state. :(

Are there more detailed log files somewhere on the device that might have more info than is given in the warning notifications shown by the QTS UI?
linuxxxunil
New here

Post by linuxxxunil »

can we rollback to an earlier firmware? my qsync app wasn't loading so i just manually flashed the current firmware and that seemed to have fixed the issue.
but i was not aware we can flash earlier firmware files. sorry i don't have an answer to your question, it just popped up while searching the forum.

Return to “Miscellaneous”