Printer on QNAP won't print

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Magnomous
New here

Printer on QNAP won't print

Post by Magnomous »

Hello,

I've installed printer on my QNAT TS-251 by this tutorial:
https://www.qnap.com/i/en/tutorial/con_ ... one&cid=48

However, when I try to print something from my computer, the page to be printed is sent to the printing queue with status "completed". But nothing is printed.
QNAP detects the printer and in the "Printer Log" I can see correct source IP, correct file name, but the status is completed, which is actually not true.

Any idea what possibly could cause this problem?
Thanks in advance.
vikjon0
Getting the hang of things

Re: Printer on QNAP won't print

Post by vikjon0 »

I just experienced the same issue. I tried 3 times, it "prints" from the laptop but never shows up on the NAS queue.
Then I had lunch and it worked once....
Magnomous
New here

Post by Magnomous »

vikjon0 wrote:I just experienced the same issue. I tried 3 times, it "prints" from the laptop but never shows up on the NAS queue.
Then I had lunch and it worked once....
In my case it shows in NAS queue, but won't print...
I just add, that I got HP LaserJet 1018 and QNAP TS-251.
I wonder is it somehow needed to install proper drivers on QNAP server? It runs on Ubuntu, but I haven't managed to find and install any for my printer since I can't even find Terminal...
Magnomous
New here

Post by Magnomous »

Problem Solved... I had to download .dl file of my printer, catinate it using SSH with its coresponding USB port on QNAP.
Dj_Dede
New here

Post by Dj_Dede »

Hi, I have the same problem.
Can you explain what you did exactly for the .dl file I would like to try to solve the problem as well
GymNAStic
New here

Post by GymNAStic »

I too am having this issue. Is there a known resolution to the problem?

For info, my setup was done on a Mac.
UbiK_77
First post

Post by UbiK_77 »

Hi, I have the same problem (with another printer), anyone can explain the solution ?

Thanks
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

UbiK_77 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:45 pm Hi, I have the same problem (with another printer), anyone can explain the solution ?

Thanks
Please open a new topic. Include information like NAS model, firmware version, printer model, is printer recognized by NAS. You know, information that might actually help someone help you.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Miscellaneous”