2 questions about SSH

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
stunas
New here

2 questions about SSH

Post by stunas »

1. My Qnap SSH seems to have stopped working, i can't find the SSHD, don't even know where the default one is. I have tried enabling/disabling via the admin page, which completes ok but no access over SSH. Nothing shows up for the port I set in netstat either. Where are the default binaries for QNAP SSH?

2. I got SSH working with openSSH fine, but i'm not sure if the network protection will work with that. I tried to force a lock out from another machine but even after failing more than the specified logins the blacklist does not get that PC added, so I assume that the network protection feature will only add entries to ipsec_deny when its the qnap SSHD running. Can someone confirm that please ?
schumaku
Guru

Re: 2 questions about SSH

Post by schumaku »

stunas wrote:Where are the default binaries for QNAP SSH?
[~] # ls -als /usr/sbin/sshd
752 -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin administ 762976 Feb 1 03:40 /usr/sbin/sshd*
[~] # ls -als / | grep usr
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin administ 12 Feb 1 22:09 usr -> /mnt/ext/usr/
[~] # mount | grep ext
/dev/sda4 on /mnt/ext type ext3 (rw)

Re-apply the NAS firmware using the process here -> http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware
stunas wrote:2. I got SSH working with openSSH fine, but i'm not sure if the network protection will work with that.
It's not covered, indeed.

Regards,
-Kurt.
stunas
New here

Re: 2 questions about SSH

Post by stunas »

LOL, 7 years ago. The device is still going to this day with very little issues!

Apologies to Kurt, If you're still around thank you for your reply - better late than never.

Return to “Miscellaneous”