Tunnel ssh

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
schumaku
Guru

Re: Tunnel ssh

Post by schumaku »

Both sftp (ie. by WinSCP) and ssh (ie. by putty) does no longer work?
brutus01
New here

Post by brutus01 »

Can confirm the above. SSH and sftp are not working since upgrade to 4.3.x.

SSH and sftp are enabled, admin has the privileges. Login screen appears but pw is refused. Also tried changing the pw avoiding special characters. Did not work too.
brutus01
New here

Post by brutus01 »

The model in my profile is an old one. I am on a TS-469 Pro now.
Will try to downgrade to 4.2.x anyway...
SGResu
Starting out

Post by SGResu »

I all,
I have the same problem :(
Firmware is 4.3.3.0154 build 20170413 ona TS-419P II
I used this guide http://www.dotcomunderground.com/blogs/ ... o-hide-ip/
I set the AllowTcpForwarding to yes(is it yes or on or true?) but firefox is not able to connect.

thank you
gsaviane
First post

Post by gsaviane »

Hi all,
I simply opened the global conf file /etc/ssh/sshd_config. In the very end part of the file there is an example on how to override settings on a per-user basis.
I've just added:

Match User myUserName
AllowTcpForwarding yes

restarted the service and it worked.

Cheers
ulikio
Starting out

Post by ulikio »

ok, so I edited /etc/ssh/sshd_config, set the two flags (AllowTcpForwarding to yes and PermitTunnel yes), restarted ssh (/etc/init.d/login.sh restart) and logged in again. still, doesn't work. Putty keeps saying "Forwarded connection refused by server: Administratively prohibited [open failed]". Is there any other place on the NAS that I have to change something in order to be able to use the QNAP box as SSH forward server again? what am I doing wrong? I would urgently need this since I'm using services that rely on SSH-Tunneling

thanks a lot for anyone's help!
Massibaugigi
Starting out

Post by Massibaugigi »

Hi to all!

I have a TS-110 NAS and I would need to forward the mldonkey traffic over a SSH tunneling server which requests the username/password to login. I guessed the following settings to be necessary:
  • A dynamic port forwarding like 'ssh -D 1234 user@remote_sshd_server'. Then setting up the mldonkey proxy server as 'localhost:1234'.
  • The 'sshpass' tool installation in order to connect to the remote_sshd_server.
I read a lot of information about ssh tunneling and/or the autorun.sh scripts but I'm a bit confused because I'm a newbie about the ssh configuration. Then, my questions are:
  • are the above points right?
  • do I need to set up the port forwarding options in the sshd_config file anyway?
  • is it possible to install the sshpass tool on the NAS?
I hope to be explained my doubt clearly and I appreciate any help!

Return to “Miscellaneous”