Transfer data from Wd My Cloud

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Transfer data from Wd My Cloud

Post by stephenjones007 »

Hi, I have an old my cloud 2tb still functional. what would be the fastest way to transfer the data to my ts-453 mini?
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Re: Transfer data from Wd My Cloud

Figured this out. You can mount another nas using the file station app in case anyone needs to know.
zsjordan
First post

Post by zsjordan »

Mr. Stephen,

How did you go about doing this. I have a WD My Cloud and need to transfer a handful of large files over. The only way I have found to do this is using my Mac Book Pro as an intercessor... and it's stupid slow.

You have found a quicker way?

Thank you kindly.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

have you tried the file station app method (mount network location) op was talking about ?
stephenjones007
Know my way around

I am running the latest beta firmware. It has the filestation 5 app. Not sure if the earlier firmware has a different version with remote mount. But, basically while leaving the wd on the network, you just hit remote mount (next to the wrench in the app), create remote mount and choose CIFS/SMB. Then just user and password and the share folder and that was it. Super fast. I also tried with my mac and it was dumb slow thats why i tried the app.

Return to “Miscellaneous”