network connection fails

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
jasonlinn
New here

network connection fails

Post by jasonlinn »

I seem to be having some problems getting my Qnap TVS 682T to connect to the internet. Everything is in full auto mode in the network settings but when I plug in an ethernet cord to the back I get no connection at all. I tried both through the router and directly to the modem. no luck. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Jason
P3R
Guru

Re: network connection fails

Post by P3R »

What about lights on the actual network interface port and the respective network equipment? Have you tried a different cable?
Last edited by P3R on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
OneCD
Guru

Re: network connection fails

Post by OneCD »

Jason, is this the same unit that arrived with the broken drive trays? I'm starting to think your NAS may have been dropped. :S

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Miscellaneous”