Setup Question

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
KRS1974
Starting out

Setup Question

Post by KRS1974 »

I bought a TS-453A and so far installed 4 x 1TB drives in it, I attached my router with 2 network cables in 1 and 2 network ports and assigned static IPs to both .3 and .4.

I went through the cloud setup entered cloud key created and account downloaded firmware etc on first setup but realise I had used all 4 drives in raid 5 and wanted a hot swap so I went on QTS and factory reset the NAS to start again. Second time around it wouldn't recognise the NAS via cloud key and I had to use QFinder to configure. I never got offered the screen that walks you thought the type of setup media or business so I have configured it with with the following so far.

Raid 5 with hot swap on static volume and installed Phot, video and music apps which all seem fine HOWEVER.

I cannot browse to the NAS in windows by hostname and I have noticed that when I use the apps on my IPhone like QManage it detects the NAS on .4 IP (net port 2) and doesn't connect but if I change it to .3 IP (Net port 1) it connects.

I wonder why it defaults to net port 2 ?? and wondered if this is why the DNS is not working for browsing ?

My next question is how do I stop that ?? Are you supposed to set the NAS up with just one network connection and then add the other after ??? Is there any benefit to have having more than 1 net port connected without 802.3ad enabled switch? I aim to have another go tonight just a few questions that I'm trying to make sense of ???

Kind Regards

Kevin
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Re: Setup Question

Post by ensignvorik »

Just use LAN 1. There is no need to use LAN 2 unless you are attaching it to a another seperate network to your router.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
KRS1974
Starting out

Post by KRS1974 »

Hi

Thanks for that I will as of tomorrow using Truncking that will need all 4 ports but will reset the NAS and use one LAN port for now.

Just as a note I have noticed that on here the latest QTS seems to cause DNS errors so that may answer my other question, on the old firmware the cloud setup worked fine and updated the firmware since then I cannot use my cloud key to set the NAS up from factory reset.

Regards

Kevin
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

If you've reset it I assume you'd need to setup the cloudlink again from within QTS.

I've seen a couple of reports of DNS issues with the stable 4.3 but not enough currently to make me think there is a massive problem. I am still on the Beta myself.

It might be better to wipe the disks, put them back in and then allow it to start again and you should get the setup wizard again.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
KRS1974
Starting out

Post by KRS1974 »

Hi

When I first turned it on I never went into QTS to enable anything I just let it boot and followed the cloud firmware setup which asked me to input the cloud key. If you reset it do you need to do the cloudlink to get the cloud key to work ?

I assumed it would be factory reset and put it back to out of box setup state ??
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

That's what I would also assume.

Return to “Miscellaneous”