Qnap TS 653a no HDMI output after QTS 4.3.3

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
sasman1964
Starting out

Qnap TS 653a no HDMI output after QTS 4.3.3

Post by sasman1964 »

Hi
I have a TS 653 a i use it to watch movies via Kodi..I have had it for over a year and it has worked with no problems.. but last week i upgraded to QTS 4.3.3
Since then i have noticed that after a few hours i lose HDMI signal?..The only way to get it to work is either restart HD station via my webpage or press the copy button to do a quick reboot.. This has become very annoying...Can some one please give me a fix..It is not a kodi problem if i leave the desktop on this also turns off..

Thanks

Rob
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Qnap TS 653a no HDMI output after QTS 4.3.3

Post by Trexx »

Have you submitted a helpdesk ticket to QNAP on this? How is your TS653 cabled to TV?
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
sasman1964
Starting out

Post by sasman1964 »

No i have not submitted a ticket yet hoping it will be a simple fix...I am just deleting HD station and will reboot to see if that works it takes about 2 hours before the HDMI signal stops... have just turned on my projector and once again the HDMI signal was gone..
i pressed play on Kodi remote and the film started playing i can hear thru the speakers but no signal...The Projector is connected via HDMI lead it has worked no problems .. until this last update... if i press the copy button on the front of the NAS this reboots HD station and the signal works ok for a few hours..It is not Kodi because if i close kodi and leave the desktop open the same thing happens after a few hours the signal stops... its as though there is some sort of timeout that needs reseting

Thanks
algour
First post

Post by algour »

sasman1964, have you found a solution yet?

Similar thing is happening to me on my TS-253A.

I have my QNAP and TV connected both to my AVR via HDMI. I have CEC enabled in all my devices (QNAP via PulseEight) and everyhing was working beautifully until I upgraded to 4.3.3 a couple of days ago.

In my case, every time the AVR shuts down and I turn it back on, QNAP (HybridDesk 3.1.A) stops sending HDMI signal and all I get is a blank screen; After this the only way to fix it is to restart HybridDesk, it is so annoying! :evil: this was working just fine with 4.2, upgrades are supposed to add functionality, not remove it!

Note: I know it has nothing to do with any of the HybridDesk applications (or HDMI, or CEC, or my AVR) because it still happens when HybridDesk is the only application running, which indicates to me that is a bug with HybridDesk itself shutting down the signal when the device at the other end turns off.
enaloha
New here

Post by enaloha »

Not that it is of any help, but I have essentially the same configuration as you do and I experience the exact same problem. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. In the meantime, I can report that I reverted to HDS 3.1.6 and the issue is resolved.
enaloha
New here

Post by enaloha »

It appears that the HDMI issue may have been caused by the firmware/HD Station combo. I was able to fix the issue by reverting the HD from 3.1.A to 3.1.6. Now we got a new firmware (4.3.3.0188) and I installed it, followed by returning to 3.1.A. This combo of latest FW/HDS versions also seems to work fine and no longer kills the HDMI, at least for the past day. Will update if that changes.
diaahussein
First post

Post by diaahussein »

can you please let me know how did you reverted to HDS 3.1.6 ??
this issue is driving me crazy
enaloha
New here

Post by enaloha »

It's a little tricky to navigate this. But you can go here: https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/?II= ... at_choose=

I got this direct link for you: http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/HDV3/Inte ... 160520.zip

Hope this helps. But note that you can stay on 3.1.A if you update to the latest firmware (4.3.3.0188).

Return to “Miscellaneous”