TS-451+ network dies after 4.3.3 update

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Re: TS-451+ network dies after 4.3.3 update

Post by LeviathanVI »

Any updates on this?
kickbackpunk
Starting out

Post by kickbackpunk »

latest firmware 4.3.3.0262 states it addresses this issue and I can confirm seems to be working.
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Post by LeviathanVI »

Well, I've updated it to 4.3.3.0262 and I still can't access it via the network.
oaksboard
New here

Post by oaksboard »

hello,

TS-231+ here. i had the same issue when first upgrading to 4.3.3. did a rollback to 4.2.5 and everything was fine until yesterday: i decided to give the latest build 4.3.3.0262 a try.
it didn't last 24 hours and now my nas is not reachable again. unplugging the network cable and attaching it to port 2 gave me access to the box, but there is nothing in the logs or anywhere else to be found. as if the nas didn't even notice..

nb: reattaching the network cable to port 1 after a while of trying to debug the issue with ssh over port 2 did not bring it back online. nb: my nas has a static ip address on port 1.

i will try to connect both ethernet ports, in order to connect to port 2 without detaching the cable from port 1. hopefully they don't die at the same moment..

otherwise i will be forced to roll back to 4.2.5 once again and wait for a proper fix (if there ever will be one).

bye,
oskar
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Post by LeviathanVI »

I basically had the exact same issue and reverting back 4.2 did not fix it.

What I have done is updated to 4.3.3.0262. Port 1 did not work, Port 2 worked but I was only able to access my nas from within my network it could not communicate with the Internet, not even to download app updates. Then I plugged port 4 in and it started working again. The first 2 ports still do not work, as far as I know... I'm just assuming the update screwed up the interface to the point that any ports that were connected at the time aren't functional anymore

I've just deleted the previous port on my router and edited my port forwarding to point to the new static ip I've assigned to port 4.

See if port 4 works for you too.

Everything is working fine as of today, but if future patches don't fix the first 2 ports I'm going to kick up a right fuss to qnap.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
insanum
New here

Post by insanum »

I'm having the same problem on my TS-451 running 4.3.3.0262. It will spontaneously lose link on the port. Unplugging, plugging back in the cable doesn't help. No link whatsoever and requires a 5+ second press of the power button to get it back after a reboot. A recent version of 4.3.3.xxx fw has been causing these problems. I'm so frustrated especially after this box has been running flawlessly for well over a year. :(
insanum
New here

Post by insanum »

Wanted to follow up on this as my issue has been resolved. I'll be cross posting this same message across multiple threads I was 'complaining' on trying to get an answer to my problems. Note that I'm on a TS-451.

I started seeing a ton of random problems after one of the 4.3.3.x updates. I manually rolled back the firmware version until I got back to 4.2.5. At that point apps didn't work as many required 4.3.3 (i.e. virtual station/switch/plex/etc). I then let the box update itself to 4.3.3.0.299 and all my problems went away. The NAS is finally running like a champ as it used to. Took my over a month to debug (never actually figured out the root problem even with QNAP support). No doubt this situation has definitely made me wary of ever purchasing a QNAP product again. :-/

After feeling comfortable my box was stable I changed my virtual switch config. Before I was using one LAN port with VS on top connecting both the main OS and a single VM. I'm now using both LAN ports with one port dedicated to the main OS only and the other port with VS on top for VMs only.
keithhanlan
Starting out

Post by keithhanlan »

I posted June 10 and neglected to post an update. My apologies. It's not very helpful but the problem spontaneously cleared up after a day or two and appears to be nothing more than an extremely long recovery time following the update. I believe that the NAS decided to do some sort of time-consuming check of the RAID1 filesystem. This is very likely the last update that I will ever apply to this machine. I'm waiting for spousal approval to buy a newer, more powerful, four-bay unit.

Return to “Miscellaneous”