Move DHCP to QNAP from Airport Express

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Valnurat
Easy as a breeze

Re: Move DHCP to QNAP from Airport Express

Post by Valnurat »

I have indtalled pfSense and I like it. But could you help me how to get started with pxelinux, pfSense and nap?

Thank you
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Previously in this thread you have a link to a thread started by Patrick Wilson about tftp and pxe that should get you started I think.

In this thread you also have a link to the pfSense forum, questions specifically about pfSense are best dealt with there.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Valnurat
Easy as a breeze

Post by Valnurat »

True, but that’s not for pfSense.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

In the pfSense DHCP server you have both a TFTP server option and Additional BOOTP/DHCP Options. I'm pretty sure either or both are what you should look at. But again, any detailed technical questions are best asked in the pfSense forum.

If you have very little ip networking experience and don't understand the concepts that Patrick writes about, then I'm afraid you will either have to learn or try to hire someone to help you. I've never tried doing any of that myself and have other things on my to-do-list.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Valnurat
Easy as a breeze

Post by Valnurat »

Yes, I will look into that.

Could you tell me how the files should be located on the QNAP?

Return to “Miscellaneous”