Reboot Loop

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
BH9244
New here

Reboot Loop

Post by BH9244 »

Hi New Member to the Board, have a TS-563 with 6x6TB WD Red Configured in RAID6.

About a month ago following a system software update upon reboot I found the unit with a lights showing solid red. On reboot it would run for a short while then you would hear what sounds like a short appreviated beep and the system would reboot. It also showed a warning message about the file system needing to be cleaned and went through a full RAID resynch. After that it all worked fine for about a month until yesterday when in preperatation for updating the system software I performed a reboot and once again returned to find all lights steady read and it attempting a RAID re synch which it goes for a while and then reboots, it seems to go somewhat further each time but last time given the size of the array took several days. There is presently only about 300GB of free space out of 16 TB Raid 6, wondering if this is part of the issue.

Anyone experience similar or have suggestions I would be very appreciative...

Thanks
aspomwell
Know my way around

Re: Reboot Loop

Post by aspomwell »

That's obviously not normal. I'd suggest calling support. If you're in the states do it right now, as they work normal business hours and you'll be waiting until monday otherwise. Their email support hasn't been able to resolve any problems I've had.
TVS-673 16GB 6x6TB WD Red WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 in RAID6

Return to “Miscellaneous”