QWA-AC2600: Clients no Internet connection

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
derlordis0n
New here

QWA-AC2600: Clients no Internet connection

Post by derlordis0n »

Hello everyone,

this is about the following adapter: https://www.qnap.com/en/product/qwa-ac2600

Setup: The 2.4Ghz band is used to connect to the router for Internet access, the 5Ghz band is used as an access point via WirelessAP. The NAS has an Internet connection and a client can also connect to the access point. However, the Internet connection is not passed on to the clients. How can I change this?

Network.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QWA-AC2600: Clients no Internet connection

Post by dolbyman »

dont think anyone here uses wifi adapter on the qnap .. horrible idea

if you need wifi access, let the router handle it
derlordis0n
New here

Post by derlordis0n »

dolbyman wrote:dont think anyone here uses wifi adapter on the qnap .. horrible idea

Are all of your 10k posts that counterproductive? I´m asking for help and input and this is what you´ve got?
Back to topic: Anyone knows how to setup the virtual switch?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

gist of it was .. best to ask qnap .. they pushed out those products .. hardly anyone uses them

so your best bet in terms of support is QNAP helpdesk
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/

But if any other user wants to take a shot at this config .. go ahead
spikemixture
Been there, done that

Post by spikemixture »

@ derlordis0n

I too wish to know how this works as mine is arriving in 7 days

I assumed you d/l the new app " WirelessAP Station "

The way I read this card (and briefly watching the qnap videos here http://tinyurl.com/ydxntbjs the purpose is an access point to take a load off your router.
I have about 25 wireless clients (and 30 hardwired) connected now so to relieve some of that can't be a bad thing.

When mine arrives I will watch the setup part again of the video...
Qnap TS-1277 1700 (48gb RAM) 8x10TB WD White,- Raid5, 2x M.2 Crucial 1TB (Raid 1 VM),
2x SSD 860 EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD 860 EVO 250GB (Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe 970 500gb NVME (Raid1 Plex and Emby server)
GTX 1050 TI
Qnap TVS-1282 i7 (32GB RAM) 6x8TB WD White - JBOD, 2x M.2 Crucial 500gb (Raid1 VM),
2x SSD EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD EVO 250gb (Raid1 Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe Intel 512GB NVME (Raid1-Servers)
Synology -1817+ - DOA
Drobo 5n - 5x4TB Seagate, - Drobo Raid = 15TB
ProBox 8 Bay USB3 - 49TB mixed drives - JBOD
All software is updated asap.
I give my opinion from my experience i.e. I have (or had) that piece of equipment/software and used it! :roll:
derlordis0n
New here

Post by derlordis0n »

Hi Spikemixture,

any success? Support hasn´t getting back to me in 2 weeks (!).

Cheers
spikemixture
Been there, done that

Post by spikemixture »

derlordis0n wrote:Hi Spikemixture,

Cheers

I have been harassing Qnap about my unit - It has not been sent yet!
Qnap TS-1277 1700 (48gb RAM) 8x10TB WD White,- Raid5, 2x M.2 Crucial 1TB (Raid 1 VM),
2x SSD 860 EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD 860 EVO 250GB (Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe 970 500gb NVME (Raid1 Plex and Emby server)
GTX 1050 TI
Qnap TVS-1282 i7 (32GB RAM) 6x8TB WD White - JBOD, 2x M.2 Crucial 500gb (Raid1 VM),
2x SSD EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD EVO 250gb (Raid1 Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe Intel 512GB NVME (Raid1-Servers)
Synology -1817+ - DOA
Drobo 5n - 5x4TB Seagate, - Drobo Raid = 15TB
ProBox 8 Bay USB3 - 49TB mixed drives - JBOD
All software is updated asap.
I give my opinion from my experience i.e. I have (or had) that piece of equipment/software and used it! :roll:
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

dolbyman wrote:dont think anyone here uses wifi adapter on the qnap .. horrible idea

not trolling, but could you please elaborate :' ?

if wireless access to the qnap is required, then why isn't direct wireless to the qnap instead of router better?

according to the marketing people, they said the point of doing it instead of router was to offload wireless from router, and instead go direct to the qnap instead.

other than that, just providing a wireless ap to the qnap, if a wired setup is not possible for the user (maybe they could resort to a wireless router or ethernet homeplug instead alternatively :' > )

spikemixture wrote:
derlordis0n wrote:Hi Spikemixture,

Cheers

I have been harassing Qnap about my unit - It has not been sent yet!
actually i got emails. one was confirmation i won. the 2nd part was about shipping received and being shipped out. i'm wondering if you got the 2nd part> :)

derlordis0n wrote: Are all of your 10k posts that counterproductive? I´m asking for help and input and this is what you´ve got?
Back to topic: Anyone knows how to setup the virtual switch?
i'd love to help but not sure i have an answer to this.

my own setup.... i configured virtual switch 1 for use for ethernet1 wired. also for PIA VPN (which also serves as gateway, meaning ip of the QNAP is based on the VPN client in QVPN i setup).

then wireless adapter uses virtual switch 2. I tried both ap station, and without. with ap station it sets the qnap as an AP for stuff to connect to. the other method you connect to another AP. so i'm using the later, simply because my setup connects wirelessly through the router, to the QNAP (which is also wireless). simply because my client pc wireless ** compared to my router. And my pc is wired to router. so the only thing wireless is between the router and the qnap :)

for internet connectivity, it seemed to work since cloudlink was working :' also vpn works.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

@moogle ..why offload witeless from the router? .. that thing was made for it ...wifi on the qnap is just an added feature like karaoke,machine learning or iot ....

if nas core features were all flawless ..fine ..but qnap struggles to keep even those running
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

[youtube=]hKLfqRRPY3c[/youtube]

their explanation is @ 5:55 :'
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I looked at the video part.. still dont think there is any advantage

a dedicated ap would mean a sepperate ssid you would need to connect to .. or as in bridge mode mode ... then why not use a dedicated bridge that can run without the nas ?

anyways .. I still keep my NAS and wifi sepperate ...

hope that function does not get dropped in a couple of firmware versions to turn those cards into paperweights (for the sake of customers that bought it)

======

but look at the upside here moogle (for other forum users)...you are a regular user that has this card (albeit won in a contest) .. so you will be the goto "support person" from now on :p

before I always said ..no forum regular has such a card ..so support will be limited
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

you mean like this?
[youtube=]ztAk_58oXLk[/youtube]

from what i saw it could setup the qnap using ap station (yes you setup a ssid for other things to connect to it) or the other method which is connect direct from the wireless adapter to other available access points (e.g. the router). the later sounds exactly like the setup you are suggesting?

so it's a buy either the wireless adapter, or a second router question then i suppose. with the adapter you don't have require an ac adapter (since it's powered internally), but with a router you do :shock:

the only third party reviews i found were these
[youtube=]0PMb-WNgrQ4[/youtube]

[youtube=]y8Ab8c7e_K0[/youtube]

dolbyman wrote: but look at the upside here moogle (for other forum users)...you are a regular user that has this card (albeit won in a contest) .. so you will be the goto "support person" from now on :p

before I always said ..no forum regular has such a card ..so support will be limited
i use very basic setups.... and i'm not an expert on subject matter. i'd prefer to refer them to helpdesk when possible ^^;

but yes if it's something i know since i tried and tinkered with the settings available, i will speak up though to assist where possible :) ...as usual...
NAS

Network

Resources

Return to “Miscellaneous”