TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dan7383
New here

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by dan7383 »

Troskito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:54 pm
dan7383 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:47 pm They just wrote back. Support say they acknowledge this change and are going to extend our guarantee to three years so they can take care of it.

So, at least in Europe, things seem to have changed in the last month.
Wow!!, that's a great answer, because everybody in here knows there is a known problem.

dan7383: me puedes decir por privado lo que les has puesto en el ticket a Qnap?..

Un saludo, gracias
Sorry. I dont know how to send a private message around here. Write to me and I will answer.

Saludos!
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

PM's were disabled years ago .. no explanation was ever given.
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

Ok dolbyman, thank you.

No problem dan7383, I will tell Qnap the same problem for many users of series 72XT.. MB dead, red light on the bottom.
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

Yep. Just tell hem what happened and they should acknowledge this problem right away.

If they don't, it would mean that unless you bring the fact that you know it is a known issue and are taking care of it, they say nothing. Then, I would point to the German forum where they talk about the extension of guarantee. I didn't need to do that.

Who did you buy it from?
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

dan7383 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:21 am Yep. Just tell hem what happened and they should acknowledge this problem right away.

If they don't, it would mean that unless you bring the fact that you know it is a known issue and are taking care of it, they say nothing. Then, I would point to the German forum where they talk about the extension of guarantee. I didn't need to do that.

Who did you buy it from?
I bought it from a dealer in Spain (Qloudea).
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

Ticket opened with Qnap, lets wait for the answer...
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

Same dealer!

Funny thing is ....they didn't say anything to you about this happening to more customers?
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

dan7383 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:51 am Same dealer!

Funny thing is ....they didn't say anything to you about this happening to more customers?
Funny thing is...they said me yesterday they didn't know anyone with this unit (72XT) with any problem...so what should we think??
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

Well, I was in contact to them through the whole (unsuccessful) process in august and said they didn't know anything about this problem so I also sent them to this specific forum thread so they were informed...
and I wrote them earlier today to tell them about the extension of guarantee in Europe and the fact this is a known problem so they can help customers like you...
I hope both sellers and Qnap act in good faith when customers come to them with a known problem and at least, don't deny they know about it or act surprised.

Maybe it is just many units sold/made and little information between departments or different people answering... I hope it is just that. Truth is both seller and technical support said "it was probably the mainboard" before I found this thread where you all say it is exactly that.

Ya les vale.
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

dan7383 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:20 am Well, I was in contact to them through the whole (unsuccessful) process in august and said they didn't know anything about this problem so I also sent them to this specific forum thread so they were informed...
and I wrote them earlier today to tell them about the extension of guarantee in Europe and the fact this is a known problem so they can help customers like you...
I hope both sellers and Qnap act in good faith when customers come to them with a known problem and at least, don't deny they know about it or act surprised.

Maybe it is just many units sold/made and little information between departments or different people answering... I hope it is just that. Truth is both seller and technical support said "it was probably the mainboard" before I found this thread where you all say it is exactly that.

Ya les vale.
Yes, I also sent them to this specific forum thread so they were informed and to the German one in where QNAP said that they will extend the guarantee to 3 years for this units, and they said to me they didn't know nothing about this problem with this units...
And finally...."open a ticket with Qnap"...

I think that they are in silent mode with this MB problem....
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

So two people from spain who bought the same model of nas to the same seller, who had exactly the same problem and find this forum thread each on their own, who also speak or at least write in a pretty good English and keep asking and reading until they find that German answer from qnap... either this is a very common problem and they choose to deal with it silently an differently depending on each case, or imagine the odds of this happening.

Anyway, I hope they deal with it differently from now on and help you right away.

Suerte.
Gabgabgab
First post

Post by Gabgabgab »

Hi,
I have to say.. one more on the list. I have the exact same issue with that dead motherboard and the réd light.
I tried unsuccessfully to change the power supply before I end on that forum and saw how not isolated this problem was.
I have described this issue in a ticket to Qnap support.
They told me it was a motherboard issue :oops: it would be a 450$ operation.
They also told me that my guaranty was out of 6 months so it was not possible to do a goodwill repair. (30 August)
Reading the last post on this thread I'm not sure what to do.
I don't know if I should open another ticket or if I will fall anyway on a blind people.
Thanks for suggestions!
Flotsch123
Know my way around

Post by Flotsch123 »

hi everyone,

i was told by qnap support today that they will change my faulty TVS-872N into a TVS-872x. I am ok with that. The new NAS should arrive middle of next week. If there are no surprises, my rma will have taken only 9 days from experiencing the fault and opening a ticket to getting a new device. This would be really an outstanding service from Qnap an far more fast than ever expected. :D
Flotsch123
Know my way around

Post by Flotsch123 »

Gabgabgab wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:07 am Hi,
I have to say.. one more on the list. I have the exact same issue with that dead motherboard and the réd light.
I tried unsuccessfully to change the power supply before I end on that forum and saw how not isolated this problem was.
I have described this issue in a ticket to Qnap support.
They told me it was a motherboard issue :oops: it would be a 450$ operation.
They also told me that my guaranty was out of 6 months so it was not possible to do a goodwill repair. (30 August)
Reading the last post on this thread I'm not sure what to do.
I don't know if I should open another ticket or if I will fall anyway on a blind people.
Thanks for suggestions!
definitely opening a new ticket or answering the actual ticket with the information that qnap extended support on nas models with this special motherboard fault. maybe your support engineer is not aware of this. you have nothing to loose. before spending 450 bucks for repair, i would consider to buy a new nas.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

dan7383 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:17 am So two people from spain who bought the same model of nas to the same seller, who had exactly the same problem and find this forum thread each on their own, who also speak or at least write in a pretty good English and keep asking and reading until they find that German answer from qnap... either this is a very common problem and they choose to deal with it silently an differently depending on each case, or imagine the odds of this happening.
Where are you going with this ? .. Conspiracy by whom ? .. Qnap? The same user posting twice? .. Crisis actors? ...Lizard people? :?

Return to “Miscellaneous”