TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Flotsch123
Know my way around

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by Flotsch123 »

My TVS-872n just got the same error now. Wont power up again after shutdown, only the red light on mobo is glowing. Ticket oppend, still in warranty.
bokr71
Been there, done that

Post by bokr71 »

Flotsch123 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 pm My TVS-872n just got the same error now. Wont power up again after shutdown, only the red light on mobo is glowing. Ticket oppend, still in warranty.
I am sorry to hear that! Can you please ket us kniw which version of the MoBo you have?
Apple: MS M1 Max 10c/32c/16c/64GB/2TB - MP 3.2GHz 16c/192GB/2TB/2xRadeon Pro - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/4x500GB NVMe Sonnet/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBP 14" M1 Pro/16GB/512GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - HomePods - iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches...

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 7x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp: Cloud iDrive - Locally QNAP TR-004 4x12TB

Network: ISP Gtateway - TP-Link Deco - QNAP QSW-M408-4C
Flotsch123
Know my way around

Post by Flotsch123 »

bokr71 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:09 pm
Flotsch123 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 pm My TVS-872n just got the same error now. Wont power up again after shutdown, only the red light on mobo is glowing. Ticket oppend, still in warranty.
I am sorry to hear that! Can you please ket us kniw which version of the MoBo you have?
i will tell when i open the case again to remove the pcie cards to prepair for sending in the device. i am really ** off. 2nd qnap to die from manufacturing error. i already had a tvs-673e who got a backplain error, now this.

update:
cannot find the mobo number, but the serial number of my tvs-872n starts with Q199... so i guess, as far is i read on the internet so far, that my qnap is affectede by this sudden death error.
cayou2000
Starting out

Post by cayou2000 »

Juste received the remplacement unit.
S/N has increased of +1.
Q204I202XX
WIll be installed tonight but I fear the result if it's a series of fautly motherboards...
Flotsch123
Know my way around

Post by Flotsch123 »

i got the ok for rma from qnap today. i hope i get a preplacement instead of a "repaired" device. i dont trust this device anymore an fear that, although "repaired", it will die again.
also hoping that the rma will work fine. it is just 2 years ago, i had a rma with a tvs-673. i brought the device to the seller to send it to qnap, but the device dissapeared soewhere and was never found again. i have no idea if qnap ever got hands on it or it was lost before. this time, i send it to qnap myself.
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

One more TVS-872XT to add to the list with the MB dead, red light down in the MB.
I think that bad luck for me, two years and a half older unit, so warranty is gone for me...
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If you are in Germany/Europe .. QNAP released a statement that warranty is automatically extended for these devices to 3 years
Swedishfishx2
Starting out

Post by Swedishfishx2 »

dolbyman wrote:If you are in Germany/Europe .. QNAP released a statement that warranty is automatically extended for these devices to 3 years
What? When did that happen?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

Swedishfishx2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:32 am
dolbyman wrote:If you are in Germany/Europe .. QNAP released a statement that warranty is automatically extended for these devices to 3 years
What? When did that happen?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I need to check that point because I'm from Spain.
Thank you very much about the information, that could be amazing!!.

Ticket opened with my dealer in Spain, waiting for the answer from Qnap...
goldentee.tv
Starting out

Post by goldentee.tv »

Update on my unit that had the MB version 1.3 from the 01 2019 batch.

I was told they would send me a unit as soon as they were in stock and they got them in on the 1st. They said my unit was in that batch. Fast forward today and it still hasn't been sent out and i got an update saying they wer about to send it out but the repair job seemed to fail during their last tests before sending it. What's strange is they said they were waiting to get new units in to send me one but now saying they tried to fix my original one that then failed last minute. So i responded explaining everything and why a new unit would most likely be the solution since i had to wait about a month for the new units. Perhaps he meant parts were coming but he did say units for them to send to me. Anyway now I'm worried their just going to try and fix it and it will fail again as i seen some of you have dealt with.

anyone get a new unit that's working and is it version 1.7 or higher?
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

Same here.

contacted support in Spain in August, they said I'm out of warranty and they have no knowledge of this problem. Pointed them to this and other forums where I found people confirms this is a known issue.

They said 30 people is nothing out of thousands of units shipped. And asked for us to pay in front 1040 dollars and then send it to Holland where they would look at it and replace whatever was wrong. We said we are not happy and would think about it.

I came back from my vacations and see that they have, at least in Germany, said they recognize this issue and will extend the guarantee to solve it. I just wrote to ask about it. I don't know if they will keep saying they don't know about this or will own it and fix it. I hope this gets known and will reverse their position with this problem.
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

Same problem in here, I have contacted my dealer in Spain and after two days the answer is to contact Qnap, so two days lost and now I need to open a ticket with Qnap, so I think that Qnap is ignoring the problem...

So maybe is time to change of brand, 2.300€ and two years and a half of life is not a good deal...
dan7383
New here

Post by dan7383 »

They just wrote back. Support say they acknowledge this change and are going to extend our guarantee to three years so they can take care of it.

So, at least in Europe, things seem to have changed in the last month.
Troskito
Starting out

Post by Troskito »

dan7383 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:47 pm They just wrote back. Support say they acknowledge this change and are going to extend our guarantee to three years so they can take care of it.

So, at least in Europe, things seem to have changed in the last month.
Wow!!, that's a great answer, because everybody in here knows there is a known problem.

dan7383: me puedes decir por privado lo que les has puesto en el ticket a Qnap?..

Un saludo, gracias

Return to “Miscellaneous”