TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by dolbyman »

This website tells you and was probably mentioned a couple of times in this tread

https://www.qnap.com/en/nas-migration?o ... on=ts-873a
Iwanttoconnect
Starting out

Post by Iwanttoconnect »

dolbyman wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:58 am This website tells you and was probably mentioned a couple of times in this tread

https://www.qnap.com/en/nas-migration?o ... on=ts-873a
thanks! I found it after I posted. Was in serious panic mode with work that was due today. Luckily I'm able to use my backup NAS for now.
acidr4in
New here

Post by acidr4in »

acidr4in wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:13 pm Yesterday my TVS-672N joined this club, after a normal shutdown. Behind a UPS and OCP.

3 Months out of Warranty (purchased 03/2020 SN Q201XXXX)

Contacted the QNAP support let's see what will happen.
My Warranty was extended, and I got a TVS-672X as a replacement after 3 weeks and sending my unit to the repair facility in Germany.
saavedra2050
New here

Re: TVS-872XT muerto después del apagado normal...

Post by saavedra2050 »

Mi NAS TVS-872XT después de un apagado normal no volvió a encender.
Luz Roja en la placa.
Tiempo de uso 2 años 3 Meses.
Abrí un ticket y me ampliaron la garantía 1 años extra.
Lo he enviado al servicio técnico aun estoy esperando la entrega del NAS reparado
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

This is an English forum! Please only post in English !
bokr71
Been there, done that

Post by bokr71 »

Or use an auto translator...:

My TVS-872XT NAS after a normal shutdown, did not turn back on.
Red light on the plate.
Time of usage 2 years 3 months.
I opened a ticket and they extended the warranty for an extra 1 year.
I have sent it to the technical service, and I am still awaiting delivery of the repaired NAS.
Apple: MS M1 Max 10c/32c/16c/64GB/2TB - MP 3.2GHz 16c/192GB/2TB/2xRadeon Pro - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/4x500GB NVMe Sonnet/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBP 14" M1 Pro/16GB/512GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - HomePods - iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches...

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 7x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp: Cloud iDrive - Locally QNAP TR-004 4x12TB

Network: ISP Gtateway - TP-Link Deco - QNAP QSW-M408-4C
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

No, the translator can be used by the poster if needed...
SingUser
New here

Post by SingUser »

Same issue as for others. Cannot power up after a normal shutdown.

Purchased end April 2020 (s/n starting with 20). Less than 3 months out of warranty and tech support quoted USD750 + shipping for repair. Have asked them to please reconsider and do the right thing and extend the warranty by a few months to cover this repair in warranty given that it seems a manufacturing defect inherent in the device. Waiting to hear back from tech support.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

SingUser wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:49 pm Purchased end April 2020 (s/n starting with 20). Less than 3 months out of warranty and tech support quoted USD750 + shipping for repair. Have asked them to please reconsider and do the right thing and extend the warranty by a few months to cover this repair in warranty given that it seems a manufacturing defect inherent in the device. Waiting to hear back from tech support.
Refer them to this thread.

There are messages here that are supposed to be from Qnap support representatives that they have been given the instruction that these obvious manufacturing faults should be covered by a warranty extension and there are many reports from other customers that have had their warranties extended with at least a year. Ask them why you're being treated worse than most other customers with the same fault.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
SingUser
New here

Post by SingUser »

P3R wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 pm
SingUser wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:49 pm Purchased end April 2020 (s/n starting with 20). Less than 3 months out of warranty and tech support quoted USD750 + shipping for repair. Have asked them to please reconsider and do the right thing and extend the warranty by a few months to cover this repair in warranty given that it seems a manufacturing defect inherent in the device. Waiting to hear back from tech support.
Refer them to this thread.

There are messages here that are supposed to be from Qnap support representatives that they have been given the instruction that these obvious manufacturing faults should be covered by a warranty extension and there are many reports from other customers that have had their warranties extended with at least a year. Ask them why you're being treated worse than most other customers with the same fault.
I did and the issue has been escalated. Awaiting their response. Thank you for the advice.

A related question, do we know if the s/n 21 and s/n 22 manufacturing batches of the same model have the same (or any other manufacturing) defect? Or is it too early to say?
saavedra2050
New here

Re: TVS-872XT muerto después del apagado normal...

Post by saavedra2050 »

saavedra2050 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:54 am Mi NAS TVS-872XT después de un apagado normal no volvió a encender.
Luz Roja en la placa.
Tiempo de uso 2 años 3 Meses.
Abrí un ticket y me ampliaron la garantía 1 años extra.
Lo he enviado al servicio técnico aun estoy esperando la entrega del NAS reparado
Just received repaired unit TVS-872XT

Date of shipment of repaired unit : July 1, 2022
Repaired unit delivery date : 26 July 2022

How can I see the version of my motherboard ?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

It's printed on the PCB, did the serial number change ?
fl5xgr
Starting out

Post by fl5xgr »

SingUser wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:11 am
I did and the issue has been escalated. Awaiting their response. Thank you for the advice.

A related question, do we know if the s/n 21 and s/n 22 manufacturing batches of the same model have the same (or any other manufacturing) defect? Or is it too early to say?
How did you get your issue escalated? I'm stuck with this guy from support that has not been able to give me an answer for 6 weeks.
AllnightnasD
First post

Post by AllnightnasD »

Thanks to this forum-post I managed to connect with QNAP Support and today I received a new unit. My old unit had 2yr warranty that ended last may. My unit died mid-june when restarting before a firmware update...
I live in The Netherlands and sent my unit for repair-inspection to Germany. After 2 weeks (I did send a confirmation request for receipt of the unit that I tracked through DHL shipping and sent an update request every 3-4 days). And luckily I am up and running again!
I marked my drives 1-8 before removing them from the died unit, as well es the positions of the SSD's for CACHE.

I loaded my drives in the right place as well as my SSD's and the unit booted nicely and I was able to access all my files (thank god!). There was an issue with the network connection settings but got that sorted and just updated the machine to the latest version.

Best of luck to all who are facing similar problems and wish for you to be serviced by QNAP like I have.
SingUser
New here

Post by SingUser »

fl5xgr wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 pm
SingUser wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:11 am

How did you get your issue escalated? I'm stuck with this guy from support that has not been able to give me an answer for 6 weeks.
Through online tech support.

Return to “Miscellaneous”