admin lost privilege

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
massacreto
New here

admin lost privilege

Post by massacreto »

Hello all,

I need some help, as I am experiencing a dire situation (TS-251+). I have lost all my admin account privileges, what that means: I have updated the firmware of the device and afterwards it seems that even the default admin is not able to access the control panel or any administrator tool.

I have reset the account using the physical button (3 seconds push, until a beep is sounding). I have logged in the console management and tried to reset the network configuration so I can SSH in to the device (admin@NAS-ip), but receive "connection refused", I tried telnet ports as well, nothing.

I need to recover the data, as this is a 24-28TB NAS and there are no other backups present at the moment. Most probably the issue is with the admin account permissions or the group membership, or folder owner stuff, but since I cannot SSH in to the device, I cannot fix it.

When I have attempted to access the device from the QFinder, it does not accept the admin credentials that work for the http login.

Please help me! No logs available, as I have no access to acquire those.
qnap issue222.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: admin lost privilege

Post by dolbyman »

open a ticket with qnap

a lot of data needs a lot of backups
massacreto
New here

Post by massacreto »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:25 am open a ticket with qnap

a lot of data needs a lot of backups
Cheers for the suggestion, but since I am here, you might assume I have attempted something like this and the response is not even at par to what I have found in the forum as possible approaches. Quite general responses and it seems they don't particularly pay much attention to what you write.

I am aware that the data needs backup, but this is the current situation. Any pointers would be appreciated. I have a Windows and a Linux machine available to attempt whatever is suggested.
massacreto
New here

Post by massacreto »

so... I am doing more digging around and am able to execute stuff from the direct console of the nas, any pointers ?
massacreto
New here

Post by massacreto »

ok, after changing the password for another admin account that I had (it has access to the data I need), I am able to browse the data and recover it, but not able to administrate the NAS.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well as you can now access the data, first priority should be a full backup, after that you can fiddle with the system more
santanova
New here

Post by santanova »

Hello!

Have you solve your problem?
I have a TS-653B. I come across the same situation after an accidental long-press of the power button.
Please share your experience.

Cheers.
massacreto wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:18 am Hello all,

I need some help, as I am experiencing a dire situation (TS-251+). I have lost all my admin account privileges, what that means: I have updated the firmware of the device and afterwards it seems that even the default admin is not able to access the control panel or any administrator tool.

I have reset the account using the physical button (3 seconds push, until a beep is sounding). I have logged in the console management and tried to reset the network configuration so I can SSH in to the device (admin@NAS-ip), but receive "connection refused", I tried telnet ports as well, nothing.

I need to recover the data, as this is a 24-28TB NAS and there are no other backups present at the moment. Most probably the issue is with the admin account permissions or the group membership, or folder owner stuff, but since I cannot SSH in to the device, I cannot fix it.

When I have attempted to access the device from the QFinder, it does not accept the admin credentials that work for the http login.

Please help me! No logs available, as I have no access to acquire those.

qnap issue222.png
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

accidental long pres of the ppower button .. will immediately kill the power..but not reset the password

or are you talking about the tiny recessed reset button?

Return to “Miscellaneous”