QFinder Pro Cannot Find NAS

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dougg
New here

QFinder Pro Cannot Find NAS

Post by dougg »

After rebooting PC the Qfinder cannot find NAS, Mapped network drives are there and accesible and I can find by ip address in browser to load and log in but Qfinder Pro Cannot find the NAS TS 230. Even the mobile app will find it. What could of happened?
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: QFinder Pro Cannot Find NAS

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

how is your network layout like?

also how is your qnap getting it's ip? does it have a static ip setup? or did you do a DHCP?

I recommend you set a static ip in QTS so that the qnap nas ip remains fixed and unaffected if the router goes down. In the past when i use dhcp and router went down then came back up, it usually sometimes resulted in issues for me.

Another thing is probly firewall. Any firewalls on your pc is blocking access to the nas? one possible scenario.

You can also try reboot your pc, your router and switch, and nas. and see if that helps?

i'm assuming that your qnap leds are all indicative that it is powered on and without issue? usually if there is a serious issue it would blink different led colors or make beeping noises.

only other thing i can think of is the ethernet cable has a issue. can try replacing it, but i suspect the issue in this case is something else.

are you by chance running your pc client in a non admin account? can you try run qnap finder using admin to see if that makes any difference? or possibly reinstall qfinder? :'

if you are using windows 10, try make sure that network discovery is enabled. Perhaps you had it disabled that is why? :'
https://www.dummies.com/computers/opera ... indows-10/
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dougg
New here

Post by dougg »

Thanks for the response, I did reserve the IP Address in my router last night, so un-reserved it in the router and now qfinder can find it. So that expalined it
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

dougg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 am Thanks for the response, I did reserve the IP Address in my router last night, so un-reserved it in the router and now qfinder can find it. So that expalined it
ooo.... u are reserving the static within the router itself. i guess you could do it that way. but i felt that doing it from the qts on qnap was better. but whatever works.

The reasoning why i did it on the qnap instead, is because incase i update the router and for some reason had to reinitialize router (this was back when i had an asus ac68u and had to reflash and flush nvram after every few updates, then having to configure it again manually each time i did that).

fewer things i hvae to change in router to account for.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dskene
New here

Post by dskene »

I have recently come across an issue where Qfinder will also no longer locate the NAS.

Return to “Miscellaneous”