Notification Error

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
AlFromCochrane
Know my way around

Notification Error

Post by AlFromCochrane »

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting email notifications. Getting the following error:

Warning 2021-04-12 19:31:04 admin 127.0.0.1 Notification Center Service Account and Device Pairing [Notification Center] Authorization has expired. Reauthorize the account: "myaddy.gmail.com".

From what I understand, all "Non-Google" apps required an OAuth certificate of sorts. What a PITA. I used to use my Canadian Telus account but low and behold,Telus ported their email facility to google servers, now I have nothing but headaches...

If any of you are able to configure your gmail smtp server for notifications, please enlighten me. Or any other workaround will work. So I know when my server needs firmware or app updates, or I need to permanently block another country from hack attempts, etc.

cheers,
best regards, Allan

Firmware Version:Always updated
TS-873 32GB Ram, 8 x 8TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Model: ST8000VN0022,
45 TB total RAID 6 storage pool, M.2 SSD slots empty, Unit for offsite HDD Backups:
Vantec Nexstar MX NST-400MX-S3R-Utilizing 2x WD 8TB Red),
network services/apps: PuTTY, Media server apps, HBS, Plex .
GoldMember
Starting out

Re: Notification Error

Post by GoldMember »

Any update to this? I'm having the same issue. Thank you.
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

And what issue would that be?
AlFromCochrane
Know my way around

Post by AlFromCochrane »

Hi GoldMember,

Mine is now working. As a precursor to my explanation note that I have a shortcut that loads Chrome whenever I launch a login into my QNAP box. This is because QNAP prefers Chrome over Edge and Edge is my default browser in Win10. I have had this configuration long before Telus bailed on us.

Although I am not 100% sure; this is how I believe I was able to get the correct OAuth blessing from Google. In the chrome browser I logged into my google account. Then in that same browser window, I logged into my QNAP box. I configured my notification email ID for the telus account providing my credentials for same. Then I sent a test email and it worked. I then logged out of my Google account. And sent a second test email. it worked, thus confirming I do not require a google account logged in to make gmail happy. And since then my notifications are being sent through smtp.gmail.com.

Although this may be confusing, it is all I have. Perhaps there is a simpler explanation and I just stumbled into it. Surely it can't be as confusing as Mousetick's reply.

To Mousetick. With all do respect, I am afraid you lost me with your reply.

cheers,
best regards, Allan

45 TB total RAID 6 storage pool, M.2 SSD slots empty, Unit for offsite HDD Backups:
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

AlFromCochrane wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:52 am To Mousetick. With all do respect, I am afraid you lost me with your reply.
I was replying to GoldMember. Sorry for the confusion.
Viridel
Getting the hang of things

Post by Viridel »

Ok, this is a new low for QNAP functionality. It spontaneously stops sending alerts, and to help you out, it can't even send you an alert! Then there's this nonsense 'Reauthorize this account' - without any ability to actually do so!

Bloody hell guys. This is just brutal.
AlFromCochrane
Know my way around

Post by AlFromCochrane »

Viridel wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:42 am Ok, this is a new low for QNAP functionality. It spontaneously stops sending alerts, and to help you out, it can't even send you an alert! Then there's this nonsense 'Reauthorize this account' - without any ability to actually do so!

** ** guys. This is just brutal.
I know exactly how you feel. As I was in the same situation until I somehow got mine to work. Perhaps one of the several gurus on this list can help you. Or perhaps gmail support. Or Qnap support. But I would put money on the gurus.

cheers
best regards, Allan

Return to “Miscellaneous”