QVPN Server and Client together

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
nasnoob
Getting the hang of things

QVPN Server and Client together

Post by nasnoob »

3 years on and I've found this thread with the same issue.

I cannot run a OpenVPN Server and connect to a separate client at the same time.

is there any workaround for this?

Would setting up a static route work in the Network and Switch app help?
nasnoob

Re: QVPN Server and Client together

Post by nasnoob »

just to add to the above, if I use TCP then client and server connection works however performance takes a large hit.

If i try UDP I cannot use both at the same time
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=50&t=143855 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Do both work separately?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
nasnoob

Post by nasnoob »

Yes both work perfectly fine separately, but if the NAS is running as both client and server then i cannot connect to the VPN server externally (it just stays stuck 'Waiting for Reply')
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Is the QVPN server and QVPN client both using the same subnet?

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
nasnoob

Post by nasnoob »

Not sure on this as theres no option to configure the subnet in the QVPN server section for OpenVPN?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

I don’t use QVPN server so I don’t know either but if the client you are connecting to is using the same subnet as the QVPN server then I would suspect that this would cause issues.

Return to “Miscellaneous”