Rogue Chia installation??

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
_QNIP_
First post

Re: Rogue Chia installation??

Post by _QNIP_ »

I was infected with Qlocker back in April. Fortunately it didnt complete the encryption totally, I was able to partially recover from backups but was later able to recover the encryption key and I was able to recover my files. I should have wiped my system and started again but didnt. I disabled UPNP and put my system behind a VPN.
I noticed around July that I my storage was full and I couldnt understand why. Finally I got around to digging in the QNAP and found that I have this chia crypto miner folder taking 8TB of my 21TB nas and completely filling it up. I deleted the folder. I also found the chi.sh installation file. That gives some good information on how it installed. I reported to QNAP. Looking at the storage utilisation graph it looks like it my storage started increasing around April, peaking in July and then sitting full since. Im also getting errors about my fairly new M2 SSD cache drives now and I think this will be why, it must have flogged them with data. Definitely going to work on copying the data off, wiping the NAS and start again to make sure there are no other nasties. Thanks to this forum for pointing me in the right direction.

Return to “Miscellaneous”