Problem/bug with thumbnails

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Henrik N
New here

Problem/bug with thumbnails

Post by Henrik N »

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with generated thumbnails. The problem is that new pictures thumbnails show a much to large version in amongst other places the file station. I have checked the thumbnail folders and it is generating the same sizes for older pictures aswell for new ones. However if you inspect the code for how older pictures are showed in file station vs new pictures they link to different sizes of thumbnails. This makes browsning folders with new pictures extremly slow due to it having to load the full sized thumbnails. See the pictures below. Do anyone have a suggestion for what may be causing this?
Old pictures.png
New pictures.png
Sincerely Henrik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Problem/bug with thumbnails

Post by dolbyman »

report it to qnap

also..why use filestation? ...use your OS file explorer with mounted shares!
Henrik N
New here

Post by Henrik N »

Will do!

Yes I have them mounted to my computers but sometimes you are visiting it from a computer outside the network and without a VPN client. (Yes I am aware of the increased security risks with having it accessible this way).
It also seem to crop up in QuMagie which I acutally enjoy as a picture browser.

Will report back if I get an answer.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Never expose your NAS directly to WAN ... or get your NAS hacked.

Just look at the plethora of ransomwared QNAPs the last two months !

You say that now that you know the risks .. but the tears and realization will set in when it's too late.
Henrik N
New here

Post by Henrik N »

Yeah I know of them, not fun :(
I have 3 QNAP´s that have run for around 4 years exposed to the internet without issues (knock on wood). All with two factor authentication, non standard ports and heavy geo-blocking, disabled admin-account and offline backup etc. But yes it is unfortunate that you never can bee completely safe without pulling the cord. I have been contemplating locking it also behind a VPN but have not made that decision yet.

Return to “Miscellaneous”