Firewall Notifications

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
goomba
Starting out

Firewall Notifications

Post by goomba »

Not sure where to post this, it is with regard email notifications.

We have several backup jobs that run fine and send email notifications upon completion. The email address was setup in Notification Center and it works fine.

We have installed the Firewall services and have specified a Different Email address to get Firewall notifications. When we setup the email account in the Firewall app, we sent a test message - again all good.

However, when a Firewall event occurs the email is sent to the wrong address, i.e. Not the one we setup in the Firewall up, it is dispatched to the one we use for backup notifications.

Where did we go wrong?
goomba
Starting out

Re: Firewall Notifications

Post by goomba »

:oops:
Really, no one gonna jump in on this.

I get this is a community forum and people give of their time, so forgive the little venting below.

This is a fundamental security product that is provided by Qnap and no one has a thought or comment to assist one to protect data and use the product feature for simple things like notifications…

Just “wow”…
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Firewall Notifications

Post by dolbyman »

Most forum regulars (me included) do not use the qnap firewall...so hard to say much about it

You protect your NAS by not exposong it to environments that would make it an attack surface...that is you best defence.

Return to “Miscellaneous”