QuObject directory automatic deletion

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Calvinaud
New here

QuObject directory automatic deletion

Post by Calvinaud »

Hello,

I have a problem with QuObject version 2.3.1289.

The context:
I'm currently trying to use QuObject to backup Kubernetes ressources. For the backup, we are using Velero and we had not problem to create and upload on QuObject.
Velero save backup with this structure:
Bucket: backup/
-backup1/backup files
-backup2/backup files

The problem:
The problem happens when a backup expire. The backup files are correctly deleted but not the folder "backup1".
In other S3 tools (tested with MinIO), folder are different from file system folder and when they are automatically deleted when no others objects use them.
The problem with those empty folder is that when Velero check for expired backup he check a file in all folders of the bucket and with the overgrowing number of folder it reach a point when QuObject throws the error: Too Many Request.

The question
Is there anyways to avoid this problem? For example, a option to automatically delete empty folder?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and good day to you all :)
Calvinaud
New here

Re: QuObject directory automatic deletion

Post by Calvinaud »

Hello,

I didn't find a solution to directly use QuObject as a S3 backend storage for our Kubernetes backup with velero.

I will try this new solution:
We will use a main MinIO server as our entrypoint for all our S3 interaction (logs and backups) and we will try to use QuObject as a replica of our MinIO.

I'm hoping that the problem of ghost folders will not reproduce when QuObject is just a replica. At least, the "Too Many Request" problem should be resolved since Velero will not scan the empty folder of QuObject since he only communicate with MinIO (in which we don't have this problem).

I will keep this post updated if this solution work.
Good day to all.
Calvinaud
New here

Re: QuObject directory automatic deletion

Post by Calvinaud »

Hello,
We will stop to try the new solution for the moment because we had a problem to set up a replication between QuObject and Minio.
I will open a new topic about this problem and will come back to this one when it's resolved.

Good day.

Return to “Miscellaneous”