Bug ? 2-step-verification says "send code via mail" is disabled?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
4eversr
New here

Bug ? 2-step-verification says "send code via mail" is disabled?

Post by 4eversr »

Hello from germany,

i have a QNAP TS-253 (Latest firmware 4.5.4.1741 installed) and i have 2-step-verification enabled and i am happy with that in general.

But now i ran into a problem, where the time of my qnap ran out of sync and 2-step verification was not possible anymore because of that.
Then i tried first time ever the 2-step-verification alternative login method via sending the "code via mail" but instead of simply working the qnap told me something like "the mail notification service is disabled at the moment. Please contact the system administrator" - WTF ?
In fact, the mail notification is not disabled, i get mails from my qnap all the time e.g. if i mistyped my login password my qnap immediately sends a notification mail to me about that.

So i ended with a 2-step-verification not working, and the alternative login method also not working for unknown reasons.
But i was able to connect via SSH session and send a simple "reboot" command to my qnap, which rebooted and get the time back in sync afterwards, so i was able to successfully do the 2-step-verification.
But the "alternative method" with sending the code via mails still tells me it is disabled. - I looked at the mail settings / notification settings and everything is enabled there, so no idea why it says its disabled !? Anyone ?
german_error_message_mail_notification_is_disabled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4eversr
New here

Re: Bug ? 2-step-verification says "send code via mail" is disabled?

Post by 4eversr »

When i click "send test mail" inside the notification center the test mail arrives within seconds, so everything OK there.
But i noticed when i click the "settings gear" on the top right corner there appears an error message which says "Service exception occured. Please contact the qnap client support." (translated from german error message)

As the system recommended i am now going to contact qnap technical support.
error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4eversr
New here

Re: Bug ? 2-step-verification says "send code via mail" is disabled?

Post by 4eversr »

Solution found:
In my case firefox blocker addons were the case for the misbehavior of the "send code via mail"-function.

Return to “Miscellaneous”