need to clear "check file system" on DataVol1

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
gary_nap
Starting out

need to clear "check file system" on DataVol1

Post by gary_nap »

Hello,

I was wanting to shrink DataVol1 as I had purged the recycle folder. Right after I kicked off the shrink, I realized that the operation would fail because DataVol1 contains the system volume. It did fail, and the volume is now marked as "Ready(Check File System)".

Output from /etc/mtab.

Code: Select all

/dev/sdd5 /mnt/boot_config ext2 rw
/dev/md9 /mnt/HDA_ROOT ext3 rw
/dev/mapper/cachedev1 /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA ext4 rw
/dev/md13 /mnt/ext ext4 rw
I'm guessing that I probably need to run "e2fsck -f -v -C 0" on both of the "md" devices based on some reading.

How can I clear this as I know that a "check file system" operation from the GUI will fail for the same reason? Will rebooting into maintenance mode ( option 7) from the " Console Management - Main menu" let me do this? Or do I need to go into "Rescue Mode"?

Thanks,
Gary
Thisisnotmyname
Easy as a breeze

Re: need to clear "check file system" on DataVol1

Post by Thisisnotmyname »

I’ve done it by clicking the link in the web UI and it worked fine.
gary_nap
Starting out

Post by gary_nap »

I tried that as well before posting. I could have worded that sentence better.
Thisisnotmyname
Easy as a breeze

Post by Thisisnotmyname »

Others are more well versed in the QNAP specific aspect so they may weigh in here but there may be an option to do this from the QNAP menu system when you ssh into the box. If not, just hit Q to break out of their menu'ed approach and you'll get a standard shell prompt. You could check the file system (as you'd mentioned) but probably also want to mdadm --action=check as well. Not sure if running those manually will clear whatever flag is set in the web UI but at least you can determine if you have a recoverable failure.

Return to “Miscellaneous”