Calling any TS-451 owners

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
crhammock
New here

Calling any TS-451 owners

Post by crhammock »

Are you a TS-451 owner?
TS-451+, TS-451D etc owners need not apply.

So it seems my DOM image has some how got corrupted probably in a power outage. I have spent days trying to recover it with the help of some very helpful forum posts viewtopic.php?t=133899, viewtopic.php?t=97200 and good old https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Firmware_Recovery.

Unfortunately my finding like some others seems to be that after apply the recovery image below to the DOM (obviously not following the guide as that doesn't seem to work). So removing the DOM and flashing the image with Rufus and installing it back in my TS-451 I get some sort of linux which I can login to with keyboard and screen and it has weird mac addresses (which I have changed to the correct ones) but qfinder is unable to detect the QNAP so I am stuck on the recovery image and seemingly with no way to install the software fully. I have tried decrypting the firmware images and copying the files which didn't seem to work I have tried using the update.sh command to upgrade the image which also didn't work. I have tried this with 4.3.6 images and more recent ones.

TS-x51 Series
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/tsd/fullima ... -1.2.8.img

So now I am reaching out to someone that might have a TS-451 laying around that might be willing to create an image of the DOM and share?

Or maybe there is someone that has had this same problem on TS-x51 and might be able to tell me where I am going wrong. I am reluctant to RMA the device at $200 dollars given that the issue is clearly with the DOM. Also I get the same results if I use the same images and apply them to a USB stick and try and boot from that so seems to me that we are dealing with a software issue rather than hardware.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Miscellaneous”