TS-332X is unreachable

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Harmpie73
New here

TS-332X is unreachable

Post by Harmpie73 »

Hello all,

I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. maybe someone can help me.

I've had a TS-332X NAS for a year and a half. I was completely satisfied with this NAS. until a while ago my NAS couldn't reach anymore.

I reboot the NAS. at a certain point I hear 'reboot completet' at that moment I can reach the NAS for a while. the NAS is visible in the explorer. Qnap finder can reach the NAS. This is something that only takes a few minutes. after a few minutes the NAS became unreachable.
I can no longer see the NAS in the explorer.
- the NAS is no longer accessible via the website.
- Q finder sees the NAS, but when I try to reach it, qfinder says the NAS is unreachable.
- I can still ping the NAS. but when i try that a few hours later. Then even when pinging the NAS is unreachable.

I have 6 disks in it: 3 SSDs and 3 regular hard disks. all the lights on the nas are green. which makes everything seem normal. but the nas is unreachable. Also the network light blinks as if everything is normal.

If I hard reboot the NAS, turn the NAS off, and then turn it on again, the NAS is available again after the reboot process, and after a few minutes the NAS is again unreachable.

I can therefore no longer use the NAS, because the NAS has become unreachable a few minutes after a reboot.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-332X is unreachable

Post by dolbyman »

NAS busy with something ? (maybe exposed to WAN and now it's busy encrypting your files for ransom?)

What is the firmware installed? What is the disk config ?
Harmpie73
New here

Post by Harmpie73 »

I don't think the NAS does anything anymore, not even encryption. I can't hear the discs for a few minutes after booting. I can no longer log in to the management application, because the NAS seems to die after fully booting.

But something about the configuration: The 3 SSDs are in a raid 5 configuration. the 3 regular disks are also in a raid 5 configuration. together they are a storage volume. I applied several volumes on this. I also have mirrors of the various volumes.

This problem started about 2 months ago. I was too busy to delve into it at first. now i want to solve it anyway. I restarted my NAS. and it seems fine at first. but after a few minutes it is unreachable again.

According to QFinder, it has firmware 5.0.0.1932 on it.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

can you explain the disk config again?

two raid5 of 3 disks..ok..but then they are pooled together? ..as tier or as an actual pooled storage ?

have you tried to upgrade the firmware while the NAS is still reachable ?

Return to “Miscellaneous”