Using VNC between 2 physical adapters

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
DonGorgonzola
New here

Using VNC between 2 physical adapters

Post by DonGorgonzola »

Hi all,

I have a TS-432XU of which I use 2 network connections:

- Adapter 1: 172.27.108.X.
- Adapter 2: 172.27.106.X.

I would like to be able to use a VNC connection (or RDP) from a pc connected to adapter 1 to a pc with a vnc server on adapter 2.
I have used QRM and VNC-ing using the web interface but this is quite slow. It's probably not that hard but I just can't figure out if I have to look for port forwarding, NAT adressing or even VPN's (not preferred).
Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Using VNC between 2 physical adapters

Post by dolbyman »

So the QNAP is in two subnets (subnet mask is not given) is there a connection between these two?
DonGorgonzola
New here

Post by DonGorgonzola »

Submask is 255.255.255.0 for both. To clarify a bit more:

Adapter 1 is connected to a (big) corporate network on which my pc is also connected.
Adapter 2 is connected to a "off the grid" network containing PLC's/R&D computers.
It's not allowed to connect the 2 networks together which is why the Qnap acts as a file server where both networks can reach the data without seeing each other.
This works ok but now I actually would like to be able to VNC or RDP into a PC located in the "off the grid" while connected to the corporate network.
I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this, but since both networks are connected to this Qnap, I'd think it should be possible.

What do you think?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

So these networks HAVE to stay sepperate..yet, you want to punch a hole through that.

I would talk to the IT team of that cooperation first

Return to “Miscellaneous”