Model name: TVS-1282T3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 cores, 8 threads)
Firmware version: 220.127.116.110 Build 20200410
HDD : Seagate Exos 16TB x 4 (RAID 5)
SSD : Samsung Evo Plus 500GB x 2 (Read-Only Cache Acceleration)
I usually need this NAS around 4 hours a day and want to be in STANDBY MODE for rest of the day.
I have Enabled Disk Standby Mode and tried for different time. (i.e. 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins etc.) But unfortunately none of them works.
I stopped every applications and even removed most of them but still the system is not going in standby mode.
It looks like that something happening back-end which is keeping the HDDs spinning whole the time.
I can confirm that
- None of the applications running behind.
- Not a single Media server is running.
- Port forwarding in router is also disabled right now.
- No other user apart from myself is set up in the system.
- No folder mapping from other computer.
- Not using mobile app to access this NAS storage.
- Not a single synchronization running behind. I have removed Google Drive and Dropbox Sync time being.
- File indexing is also finished 24 hours back.
- Have created 1 storage Pool and 4 Thick Volumes for HDDs. All of them are almost 90% empty.
- No HDMI cable, No Thunderbolt, No USB attached with NAS.
- Only one Ethernet cable is attached to NAS from Router.
I just want to know whether there is any work around to make HDD sleep apart from shutting down?