HybridMount keeps HDDs from standby since FW update - even without mounts!

Discussion about hard drive spin down (standby) feature of NAS.
hello_world.c
New here

HybridMount keeps HDDs from standby since FW update - even without mounts!

Post by hello_world.c »

Since updating my TS-431P to firmware 4.5.4 I noticed that it wouldn't enter standby anymore. I didn't do any changes to the configuration in the process, only installed the suggested/mandatory app updates. In order to find out what's causing this I disabled all apps where this was possible and - voila - the NAS would enter standby again. I then enabled apps one by one and found that the one that's causing the issue is HybridMount 1.5.3045. I have only one remote SMB/CIFS mount in there which I've always had but even when I disable the mount, the NAS will still not enter standby at any time. I have to actively stop HybridMount then it enters stand by like it used to be.

Any options here besides not using HybridMount? I rely on it to copy files from a server occasionally. I can't believe they would screw up such a basic app.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: HybridMount keeps HDDs from standby since FW update - even without mounts!

Post by dolbyman »

hello_world.c wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:42 pm I can't believe they would screw up such a basic app.
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
outpost33
First post

Re: HybridMount keeps HDDs from standby since FW update - even without mounts!

Post by outpost33 »

Thanks! For me this seems to have solved the issue of constant disk chatter with my TS-253D. Finally my NAS is quiet.

Return to “HDD Spin Down (HDD Standby)”