Customer Service and false advertising?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
ncwilliamsuk
New here

Customer Service and false advertising?

Post by ncwilliamsuk »

I am writing this through frutration of extremely poor customer service, and for services and features that i paid for, that are still not accessible!

1. I have tried sending support requests. Initially (always after at least 3 days), i recieved emails in response back. I then sent a further email in response (over two weeks ago), and have had no response back yet. In the mean time, i have written a further support request (a week ago), but still no response.

2. I, like many others, bought the qnap product for many of the useful features such as: mac time machine backup, itunes streaming etc. However, it seems this advertising was not correct, and only for certain products currently. So far, i have waited for about almost 2 months for these features, and still no update. I then got recommended in an email support to try the beta. This failed, and my qnap storage TS-419P failed to restart, and have been unable to use the unit for over 2 weeks.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the support service provided, and what did you do to overcome these. There is only so much a customer can take of this sort of action!

Regards
Neil
petur

Re: Customer Service and false advertising?

Post by petur »

I'd suggest you contact QNAP Online Support via MSN/skype, they are very fast. Take into account that they live on GMT+8 and need sleep from time to time. Their e-mail support is pretty bad (slow), the above method gives superb results.

Beta 3.2.1 build 0104 does indeed support timemachine, and the beta has proven to be quite stable, so there is no reason it shouldn't work for you.
Praat je liever over QNAP in het Nederlands?
Liever een community bij jou in de buurt?

Kom naar QNAPclub België/Nederland
ncwilliamsuk
New here

Post by ncwilliamsuk »

Hello

Thankyou very much for your quick reply. I thought i would leave it a while to respond on this forum to try out all of the options to contact qnap. Here is how it went:

MSN did not work at all. Absolutely no response. So i sent yet another email to a general support address in the hope that someone might pick it up. After the inevitable 3-4 days, some one answered. His answer was flippent. It did no answer my main worry that my qnap unit was currently not working, and had not (since the upgrade to the beta) for about a month). N.B. this length of time has almost doubled now!

So i sent a swift response back stating that my main worry was that the unit was not working. 2 weeks later... no response. I posted well before chinese new year, and have had no response from the 2 days recently that they were supposed to be ansering support question in. How much are you supposed to take as a customer? I have now had my unit for 3 months. More than half of that, the unit has not been working, and i have been trying to get sensible answers from the support desk for almost 2 months. Do you actually need to go up to them, slap them in the face, point to a badge you might be wearing stating your name, and holding a huge sign stating that you have a problem and need assistance with the product that you bought from them at great epense?
petur

Post by petur »

If you wait 1 or 2 weeks between trying to contact them, it is your own responsability that it is taking so long.

I agree they should respond faster and issues like this are on the agenda of required improvements in support. Generally MSN works well, please try more than just once. If your car breaks down, you call them and the phone is occupied, do you wait a week before calling them back? And will you then complain that your car has been broken down for one week? No, right?

If your unit is not usable and you suspect hardware issues, take it back to the retailer for repair/replacement. If it is a software issue, try MSN and/or skype until you get in. Again, take into account they live at GMT+8 (I think live 24/7 support is also on the agenda)

good luck

ncwilliamsuk
New here

Post by ncwilliamsuk »

Hello

Thankyou for reading and replying petur

I am not sure i you misread what i wrote down, or if I was writing quite fast when i wrote the message, but... I dont wait 1 to 2 weeks between contacting them. I always reply straight away to any emails / responses. Pretty much always same day. if not, the next day. I tried msn quite a few times. I have rung them. Got through to answer machines and left a message. Still nothing back.
petur

Post by petur »

I meant that if you don't hear anything from them, don't wait a week or more.

I will pass this thread on to somebody in QNAP, I hope you get a quick response

QNAPJames
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJames »

Hi Neil,

Please PM me your contact info. (email, name, location/timezone) and the problem you have encountered including your NAS info. (model, firmware version, hard drive model, RAID configuration...etc). A technical support engineer will contact you directly.

James
NAS: QNAP TS-464T4 Special Edition + Seagate IronWolf 125 3.84TB SATA SSD * 4 (RAID5)
Backup: QNAP TR-002 + Seagate IronWolf 10TB SATA HDD *2 (RAID0)
Networking: QNAP QSW-1108-8T 2.5GbE Network Switch

Return to “Miscellaneous”