SyncML server

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
le_cerf
Starting out

Re: SyncML server

Post by le_cerf »

First of all thank you.

Then the problem I guess :).

I run a QNAP Turbo 119. I installed the JAVA PKG, however since there is no MDO_DATA but HDO_DATA I used the last one to install my funambol .bin.
Everything ran according to plan I even got checksum error (and loads of other cannot write file or similar), however, when I check the files, my Funambol directory contains only a bin directory with files in it.

To workaround that I installed funambol in my Share /share/Axel/Program. And that worked better or so I thought. Indeed my Funambol directory seemed to have a bit more than just the bin directory.

To cut the story short, I continued the procedure (I swapped all the MDO_Data/Opt with Axel/Program) edit the script (had fun with vi). When I try to run funambol, just nothing happen and the grep return nothing but the grep process itself?

I'd be grateful if anyone could provide a hint. I will continue to seek for the solution.
krischer
First post

Post by krischer »

Hi,
Some people were thinking about installing Funambol on the TS-109.
I'm wondering if there are Funambol binaries for the ARM-CPU of the TS-109 available for download?

Regards, Stefan
petur

Post by petur »

le_cerf wrote:I run a QNAP Turbo 119. I installed the JAVA PKG, however since there is no MDO_DATA but HDO_DATA I used the last one to install my funambol .bin.
MD0_DATA needs to be used when you use RAID or lineair volumes, HD0_DATA needs to be used when you have single disks (like in a TS-1xx)
Praat je liever over QNAP in het Nederlands?
Liever een community bij jou in de buurt?

Kom naar QNAPclub België/Nederland
phreichmuth
Know my way around

Post by phreichmuth »

Tobbe

I think, I have the same problem as le_cerf: I do not manage to run the funambol server.

I followed your description, but the server does not start:
- installed the JRE 6 as QPKG package and activated it
- copied the funambol-8.0.2.bin to a share and installed it to /share/HDA_DATA/opt
- changed the path in the 4th line of the file Funambol/bin/funambol to /share/HDA_DATA/opt
- started the server manually or directly after the installation.

But I get the following error message when I started and stoped the server:

sh funambol start
Please set JAVA_HOME to the path of a valid jre.
[/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin] # sh funambol stop
Please set JAVA_HOME to the path of a valid jre.

When I tried with the original file Funambol/bin/funambol, I got the following messages:

[/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin] # sh funambol start
[/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin] # sh funambol stop
/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin/inbox-listener: line 137: /share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file
/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin/pim-listener: line 114: /share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file
/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: line 313: /share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file
/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin/ctp-server: line 108: /share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file
/share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/bin/hypersonic: line 98: /share/HDA_DATA/opt/Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

What am I doing wrong?
TS-253D, QTS 5.0
TS-128A, QTS 5.0
phreichmuth
Know my way around

Java for ARM processors

Post by phreichmuth »

The problem to run Funambol on the TS-109 is that the TS-109 is powered by an ARM processor, but the Java Plug-in Tobbe referenced is only for x86-processors. So, that cannot work properly however you can install it.

Is there a Java Plug-in for the ARM processors?
TS-253D, QTS 5.0
TS-128A, QTS 5.0
phreichmuth
Know my way around

Post by phreichmuth »

For Java on ARM processors please see also this thread: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25196

I don't really know whether this is good news now or not...
TS-253D, QTS 5.0
TS-128A, QTS 5.0
phreichmuth
Know my way around

SyncML for ARM powered NAS

Post by phreichmuth »

After Tobbe wrote a HowTo for x86 NAS' to install Funambol and pderm explained how to install an according Java Runtime Environment on the ARM NAS', Funambol also can be installed on them - but unfortunatelly not on the TS-109 and TS-109 II. The firmware containes an older glibc.
If anybody has a older JRE for ARM than v5, e.g. 1.4.2, please make it available and publish a link.

HowTo for Funambol on x86 NAS':
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... =40#p96276

HowTo for Funambol on ARM NAS' with glibc 2.5:
install JRE according to this HowTo: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 10#p108447
then follow the Funambol HowTo starting with step 6, Download the Funambol server: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... =40#p96276

Good luke and have fun - I will not with the TS-109 Pro II :(
TS-253D, QTS 5.0
TS-128A, QTS 5.0
le_cerf
Starting out

Post by le_cerf »

Thank you guys for your time...Ok I had to try it...but I am still unlucky...

I remove my Java x86 install and followed QAndy's recommendation with the ARM build. Like with the x86 I have a nice orange JAVA icon (aFter enabling it). This to tell I can't seemuch difference between the two java package but I trully trust the experts.

I then tried to install funambol initially in HDO_DATA, But here is what I get

such file or directory
tar: Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/plugin/desktop/sun_java.desktop: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/javaws: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: Funambol/tools/jre-1.5.0/jre/javaws/javaws: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Funambol/Readme.txt: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Do you want to start the server? [yes or no]
yes
/opt/Funambol/bin/funambol: line 42: cd: /opt/Funambol/../tools/tomcat/bin: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/Funambol/../bin/hypersonic: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/Funambol/../bin/ctp-server: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/Funambol/../bin/funambol-server: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/Funambol/../bin/inbox-listener: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/Funambol/../bin/pim-listener: No such file or directory

The Opt directory is empty. since id didn't work in HDA_DATA\opt or HDA_DATA\myname\opt and I get similar issues
Needless to say it doesn't really work: It seems to me that it is actually worst (opt directory empty). Anyone an Idea?
tonijj
Know my way around

Post by tonijj »

Hi Guys,

Im trying to follow Tobbes guide and I get to the step where to install Funambol. However, I get "Permission Denied" even though Im logged in as "admin"

I have a Qnap 509.

All steps before that works OK.

Any tips?? I really really want Funambole to work on my qnap.
tonijj
Know my way around

Post by tonijj »

Well, I heard from some reliable sources that QNAP is about to release a Funambol QPKG :)
le_cerf
Starting out

Post by le_cerf »

Please, release:))
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi guys,

The v8.5.0 beta has touched down.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
M20554443
New here

Post by M20554443 »

phreichmuth wrote:Synthesis (http://www.synthesis.com) seem to have a quite small syncml server which runs with very low need of performance. They have put opensource some parts of their software in the syncEvolution project.
Probably that's a way to get a syncml server on a NAS?
Hi there,

"starting with SyncEvolution 1.0 alpha, SyncEvolution can act as a SyncML server"
http://syncevolution.org/development/http-server-howto

SyncEvolution 1.0 beta 3 has been released yesterday. I think this would be a more lightwight solution compared to Funambol. Any thoughts about using it on QNAP devices?
kawreh
New here

Post by kawreh »

What is the status for Java, Funambol, SyncML server and SyncEvolution for QNAP ARM devices? Anything working?
I have a TS-219P I'd really like to run a SyncML server on to sync with Android/ Ubuntu/ Vista/ iOS applications.
-Anybody? -QNAPAndy?
svn
Getting the hang of things

Post by svn »

Hi guys!

Can some one tell me why I can't run Funambol unattended (in the background)? I have succeded in installing Funambol on a TS-219 pro, I also entered the lines in the qpkg.conf. A icon for Funambol is showing on the qpkg page, but after reboot funambol isn't running, while when using ssh and starting funambol (sh funambol start) it runs FINE till I close the ssh session offcourse...

best regards, Sven

Return to “Features Wanted”