i need the most updated FULL firmware for ts-809u-rp

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
cid250
New here

i need the most updated FULL firmware for ts-809u-rp

Post by cid250 »

I just did a wrong firmware update...

It's possible to get a better firmware than the one listed in this wiki entry?:

http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Firmware_Recovery

I was using this one:

http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/tsd/fullima ... -1.0.9.img

It is FULL... but it seems that it was not based in the latest 3.4.2 Build0331 for TS-809U-RP

Thanks in advance.
cid250
New here

Re: i need the most updated FULL firmware for ts-809u-rp

Post by cid250 »

I really need this firmware, because my HDs are Seagate Constellatio ES.2 with 3Tb each one (ST33000650NS).

If i doesn't update to a firmware version of 3.4.2, i will not recover the support for 3Tb disks.

Please help.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Actually there is no other way to install 3.4.2 then temporarely using a smaller SATA drive, and update the NAS DOM/Flash to 3.4.2 or newer.

then fully erase the 3 TB drives before plugging...
cid250
New here

Post by cid250 »

Seems that even with a smaller SATA drive (160Gb) it does't work...

My current firmware stops at 20% when i use the web interface in the initial config, just in the step related with disk partitioning...

When i connect to the Qnap via SSH or view de console, i see that the firmware puts the disk in stand by, and never does the partitioning (even with small disks and single mode).

I realy need that somebody with a correct flash updated to 3.4.2 does a "cp /dev/hda /home/dsl/usbdrive/dom.img" or something similar when booting from a USB with linux. Or may be a dd command.

What i need is the full firmware image with the partition system included... in other words, i realy need a raw image of the full firmware footprint.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Yo don't need the very latest DOM/Flash image to bring the NAS up. Potentially there is a complete different issue on your system...

Give installing the firmware from the NAS shell using the process lined-out in the QNAP Wiki: http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware

Push the firmware image to any place of the physical disk drive, i.e. after fetching it on the NAS by ftp.
cid250
New here

Post by cid250 »

The problem is that our TS-809U RP does't has a /mnt/HDA_ROOT

In the wiki it's only said that we should do...

# mv /share/Public/TS-809U_3.4.2_Build0331.img /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update/
# ln -sf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update /mnt/update
# /etc/init.d/update.sh /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update/TS-809U_3.4.2_Build0331.img
And you will have to reboot the system after manually updating the firmware.
# reboot

Where is the HDA_ROOT folder? what i need to mount exactly?.

When we check our version with uname... we see this:
[~] # uname -a
Linux TESTC60637 2.6.33.2 #1 SMP Fri Nov 19 16:22:19 CST 2010 i686 unknown

And when we boot the Qnap without HDDs and conect them to use the web configuration, the process stops just in the 20% when it try to format the HDDs, we can see an error mesage in the console that says the following:

quick.cgi[1406]: segfault at 9d6c9dc4 ip b76f18d3 sp bf930250 error 6 in libuLinux_Storage.so.0.0[b76af000+90000]
Set Adpater:port=0:2 standby to 241 (1800 secs).
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Ok, so,.. if it's not possible to install thhe NAS using a single empty SATA drive < 2 TB (all partitions removed, or factory initialized):
1. Reflash using the full image as available.
2. Re-init the system with an empty SATA drive <= 2 TB.
3. Install v3.4.2 or newer.
4. Remove any data and partitions from the 3 TB drives (outside of the NAS)
5. Re-inite the NAS using the 3 TB drives.
cid250
New here

Post by cid250 »

schumaku wrote:Ok, so,.. if it's not possible to install thhe NAS using a single empty SATA drive < 2 TB (all partitions removed, or factory initialized):
We did the point 1: reflashing the full image of the link provided in the qnap wiki http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/tsd/fullima ... -1.0.9.img, but that firmware seems to be a test version that hangs on the disk creation procedure even with a small 160Gb Seagate disk.

At point 2: we only had a Seagate 160Gb unit, we did a try as "single", but the initial configuration web page of the qnap hangs in the disk configuration step. Our web interface displays 6 fast steps, we follow and complete those 6 steps, and the Qnap configuration shosw the 160Gb as recogniced displaying the correct size of the disk previosuly to proceed with the configuration sequence... but when the process reach the step number 6, related with creating the "single" configuration, it hangs there for ever.

We cant' do the points 3, 4, and 5, because we can't bypass the point 2 with sucess.

That's the reason of asking to the QNAP support team for a "full" image diferent than the one provided in their wiki, in order to reflash it to our QNAP.

Or alternatively, we ask for a way or procedure in command line to re-flash with the "normal" images used for reflashing with the web interface.

The full image is the F_TS-809U_20101119-1.0.9.img and includes the whole footprint of the partitioning, and we can reflash it with a linux cp command.
The normal images like the TS-809U_3.4.2_Build0331.img doesn't include the partitioning, so it's impossible for us to reflash it with a linux cp command.

In other words...

We need something like a F_TS-809U_3.4.2_Build0331.img full image including the firmware also with partitioning of the whole filesystem of the flash memory.
Or we need a way to launch the update procedure of the flash memory without having any HDDs nor the web interface in order to acomplish the update with the conventional image file TS-809U_3.4.2_Build0331.img that does not include partitioning.

Will be possible for us to recover the functionality of our QNAP?.
Or we
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Check the NAS Troubleshooting Guide - Chapter 9 - Firmware Recovery Guide for Intel x86-based NAS Models. If this does not work, contact your reseller, and finally QNAP SUpport for fix-/repair-options.
frankege
New here

Post by frankege »

Did anyone figure out how to solve this issue? We have the exact same hardware and problem!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

What is the effective issue you try to resolve please?
frankege
New here

Post by frankege »

Fast response! :)

I've been trying this:

Well, I have just re-flashed with F_TS-809U_20101119-1.0.9.img, and it gets stuck on 20% on disk initialization, and it seems like I need to get this single disk initialized to be able to update the firmware... (Which I need to be able to use the Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB disks.)

I followed the NAS Troubleshooting Guide explanation to get this far.

Basically I would like the same as OP, an image file with partitioning and all. Does it even exist? (yes, I have looked everywhere..)
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Step 1 is requied if the NAS fails to boot - the F(lash) images must be installed using the process as documented in the NAS Troubleshooting Guide - Chapter 9 - Firmware Recovery Guide for Intel x86-based NAS Models.

When you are able to boot the TS-809 you can configure it using a single disk <= 2 TB and install the effective complete firmware image.
frankege
New here

Post by frankege »

Well, that's just it. The single disk will not initialize (hangs at 20%)... I'm gonna try with different disks today, see how that goes.
ptj_11
Starting out

Post by ptj_11 »

I am having the same problem.
After reflashing my TS-509 Pro I am meeting the same problem. I have tried all suggestions from this thread, with the old disk´s without doing any thing to them at first, then formatted them in my PC, then deleeted the partitions.
Nothing is working. It stops at 20 %, step 6 of the configuration.
I have tried with 1 TB disk, and with 500 GB. It make no differens.
Here is what it writes on the screen, when it starts initialation the disk:
Set port 0 standby to 241 (1800 secs).
quick.cgi[1530]: segfault at 9f512084 ip b7ea87db sp bf8a4510 error 6 in
libuLinux_Storage.so.0.0[b7e6900+8c000].
Any one with a good idea?
Regards,
Ptj_11
TS-509 Pro

Return to “Features Wanted”