Cann't install SYmform

inas
Starting out

Cann't install SYmform

Post by inas »

I have a problem with installation of Symform. I have singed in for Symform and try to install Symform on my Qnap TS-219P with the latest firmware version. After the installation I got a popup screen and after a minute I got the message that navigation to the webpage is cancelled. See attached file. Does somebody know what the problem is? I tried to install on different pc's and mac's but it doesn't work. Please help me. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oferta.cerere
Know my way around

Re: Cann't install SYmform

Post by oferta.cerere »

I had this problem, but only i tried to install over internet; i think it's needed a specify port open; try from the same lan to install; verify the dns if it's ok..
TVS-863+ - Version 4.5.1.1495
TS-659 - Version 4.2.6
inas
Starting out

Post by inas »

Thx for your reply. I already tried to install over the lan/wifi but I it still doesn't work.
Kaisch
Starting out

Post by Kaisch »

i have the same problem, i was able to install it but when i press the configure button i get an error message

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team.

The configure link contains this adress
http://myaddress.d***dns.com:8080/cgi-bin/index.cgi

The uninstall link works fine.

i guess it's a port forwarding problem.

greeting from Hamburg
KAISCH
Kai.

Model: TVS-673e 16GB FW: 4.3.6 0895 Build: 20190328
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
inas
Starting out

Post by inas »

Thx Kaisch for your reply. But what uninstall link do you mean?
Kaisch
Starting out

Post by Kaisch »

there is a uninstall button / Link just below the Configure Button. see my screenshot

My Problem is solved.
I tried to access the Settings via Internet and this wasn't working
Now In my LAN i had no problems to configure the symform cloud Service.

But what i don't like is that i have to contribute my NAS Space to get Space in the symform cloud :-(
i should have read the EULA :roll:
I consider to stop using this service...

greetings
Kai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai.

Model: TVS-673e 16GB FW: 4.3.6 0895 Build: 20190328
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edebont
Starting out

Post by edebont »

Kaisch wrote: But what i don't like is that i have to contribute my NAS Space to get Space in the symform cloud :-(
If you checkout how this technology works (see link below), you will understand why that is. It works completly different if you compare it to Amazon S3 or Dropbox.

http://www.symform.com/resilient-storag ... cture.aspx

It also explains how symform can offer these large amounts of cloud storage for free.
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hello,

Oferta was correct in that you do need to open a specific port in order to access the Symform configuration over the Internet.

Inas, I understand that you were not able to access the configuration page from your LAN as well. Check if there are any port restrictions on your LAN.
The Symform configuration and manage page needs port 59234 to be open, since we have a separate web server running on the device for our service.

If you are still unable to access the configuration page after checking and opening up that port, you can contact us at: support@symform.com

Thank you,

Symform Support Team
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
vinistois
Starting out

Post by vinistois »

I read the documentation on the symform site, but I'm still a bit confused.

how much local storage do I have to give up in order to get how much cloud storage?

for example I would like to have a 2TB cloud backup. How much local do I have to give up, on top of the $10/month fee, to achieve that?

Thanks
reinob

Post by reinob »

Supposedly 1.5x what you want in the cloud. In your case, 3TB.
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hello Vinistois,

Yes, Reinob is correct, if you want 2TB in the cloud, you would need to provide 3TB of space. Here is some information from our FAQ section on our website: http://www.symform.com/faq.aspx#17

'How does contribution work?

You contribute local storage equal to the amount you consume in the cloud. Since our model creates a 1.5X redundancy (remember 32 fragments are added to every 64), a 100GB backup would consume 150GB of online storage in the Symform Storage Cloud. Therefore, you would need to have 150GB of available storage for contribution. This folder can be on any storage device on the LAN that you desire. The minimum contribution requirement is 150GB per account, which can be contributed from multiple devices if necessary. The minimum required up time percentage of a contributing device is 80%. '

For more information regarding our pricing, please refer to this link: http://www.symform.com/pricing.aspx

I would like to note that we are updating our QNAP information based on the feedback we’ve received. To clarify, the $100 per year is for 3 users on a laptop or PC. For a server (which would be comparable to a QNAP device) the price is $500 per year. The price for QNAP devices is $20 per month or $200 per year per QNAP drive. All QNAP customers can also take advantage of our up to 200GB of free cloud storage, allowing you to test the Symform cloud before you buy.

Thank you,

Symform Support Team
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hello Inas,

We would like to follow-up with you, and ask if you are still having an issue with completing the configuration. Were you able to access it on the alternate port?

Let us know if you are in need of any assistance with completing the setup.

Thank you,
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hello Johnny_5,
Yes, the Symform software will work on a ARM based QNAP device. And in regards to a Mac client, we are working on releasing a beta version in the very near future. If you are still having an issue with sync of your files to the cloud, please let us know by sending an email to support@symform.com

Thank you,
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
cosmomen
New here

Post by cosmomen »

Hi!

I'm trying to use Symform on my QNAP. Installation run well, I can access the management web, and I can see on symform's dashbard that my drive is commisioned, folders are there...so averything looks OK, but a backup never occurs and It just says "No changes" (the system is up since 3 days)

There is no problem with the router since a normal PC with symform can perform backups with the same account.

Could anyone help me please?
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hi Cosmomen,
Sorry for the troubles. The screen shot attached indicates that Synchronization is complete and data is in the cloud. We would happy to investigate further if you feel there should be more files or data going to Symform. Please email support@symform.com with your username so we can look at the logs and investigate further.

Symform Support
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.

Return to “Symform”