Twonkymedia 6.0.38: file sort order

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
petrip
New here

Twonkymedia 6.0.38: file sort order

Post by petrip »

Twonkymedia 6.0.38 is still sorting audiofiles alphabetically - this is clearly a bug. It would be better to sort mp3/flac-files etc. by filename and/or id3 tracknumber.

It is very frustrating and almost impossible to listen whole albums when order is totally wrong.

FIX IT PLEASE!
jamfx
New here

Re: Twonkymedia 6.0.38: file sort order

Post by jamfx »

Hi,

this Bug has been in Twonky long time. It's not directly QNAPs foult. It's more a twonky problem.

My solution was WITH EARLIER VERSIONS as follows:
Like here: http://forum.qnapclub.de/viewtopic.php? ... 59#p104162

You look for: /mnt/ext/opt/twonkymedia/ressources/views/view-definitions.xml with this code:

Code: Select all

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
            <container buildon='res' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />
         </container>
If you find it replace it with this:

Code: Select all

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
            <container buildon='res' sortcriteria='+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />
         </container>
You can do this and your MUSIC will be sorted nicely. BUT!!! You can not index any videos or pictures any more. I don't know why, as I thought, that with changing this file, only output should be modified, but, as I wrote. No more indexing of Videos and Pictures.

If someone could have a look at this, it would be great!
THanks
JamFX
Briain
Experience counts

Re: Twonkymedia 6.0.38: file sort order

Post by Briain »

Hi

I've not tested to see if this is causing your problem, but it looks like you're missing a ' after the originalTrackNumber term; it should be as below:

sortcriteria='+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber'

It's very possible that by missing that part out, the containers below it will not function as expected (or at all).

Hope that helps
Bri

PS See here for a similar my answer to a similar question about sort order (and why it's the way it is), and also here for links to more information about four custom tree packs I've created. I've added both the disk sort and track sort orders to the folder views in all of my custom tree packs, so these might be of interest either as a complete replacement tree option, or just for lifting sections from it (i.e. containers) to use when building your own trees. There's also a link to instructions (with screen shots) on how to add the custom tree packs to the QPKG version of Twonky (and thus it also shows where the existing ones reside on a Qnap).
TS-119, 1 X Seagate ~~ TS-219, 2 X Seagate (R1) ~~ TS-453A, 2 X 3 TB WD Red (R1) ~~ TS-659, 5 X 1 TB Hitachi Enterprise (R6)
APC Smart-UPS 750

Return to “Media Streaming”